iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

and the saw takes a bite

Started by LeeB, September 27, 2010, 12:02:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeeB

Got lucky today. Only took a little chunk out of my finger tip. Didn't hurt too bad. That finger tip already had been injured by a cat bite years ago and had very little feeling. I was even using a push stick when it happened. Reminder to self, if you need a push stick that means you need to keep the other hand clear too dummy.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Warbird

Yikes!  When I saw the title, I was afraid you were going to tell us you'd lost a finger.  Glad it was just a nibble.

LeeB

Just enough to make me feel like a real dumd ash.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

metalspinner

Thanks for not putting up a picture. :D
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

WDH

That is scary.  Table saws are scary. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Radar67

Glad it was only a nip Lee.

Quote from: metalspinner on September 27, 2010, 07:56:44 AM
Thanks for not putting up a picture. :D

Here are a couple just for you metalspinner.....my daughter's arm a couple of weeks ago.

No, she wasn't hurt, she was taking a gore makeup class. :)
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Magicman

I think that she passed.   ;)   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sawguy21

Glad it was not worse. I lost a finger tip to a table saw many years ago and am still overly cautious working with them.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

metalspinner

Ahh, man. Ya got me. :D

That puss is fake?  I hope she passed with flying colors.
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Radar67

Every bit of it is fake, and mainly from household items. The puss and ridging are gelatin. She definitely passed.

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

WDH

Terry,

I thought at first, "What is she doing using a table saw  ???".  Now I comprendy  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Radar67

WDH,  :D

Lee, sorry for hijacking your thread. How is the finger doing?

LeeB

Not bad at all. Just took off the bandage to let it air out some. First time I really took a good look. Took about a 1/4 of the finger nail and just a pinch of meat. No where close to the bone. Very lucky. No pain to it unless I bang it on something. Only managed to do that about 3 - 4 times today.  ::)

Raphael

Glad to hear you've escaped any permanent damage.
Today I bought a friends entire stash of wood because he wasn't so lucky. :(
... he was middle aged,
and the truth hit him like a man with no parachute.
--Godley & Creme

Stihl 066, MS 362 C-M & 24+ feet of Logosol M7 mill

Thank You Sponsors!