iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2014 flu

Started by pineywoods, January 04, 2015, 08:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pineywoods

I haven't heard an official name for this year's flu strain, except it's not covered under the flu shot waranty  >:( It is a bit different, not something you would wish on your worst enemy. I have been laid up for a solid week, and no end in sight. Haven't bothered with doc. think I already know what to expect there. Things that are different include ear ache, splitting head ache, chill but no fever, kidneys gone wild, watery eyes so bad I'm almost blind,and crazy dreams and nightmares. My appetite has come back, that's usually a good sign. Y'all stay healthy
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

WmFritz

I'm in your camp PW. I have or had everything you described plus achy joints, cough and now a cold. I blame it on our mild start to winter this year.

I felt my symptoms the Saturday morning after Christmas. By that night, I was full blown. I went to bed  at 7:00 p.m. and stayed there until Monday morning.   :-\

Last winter, I had not so much as a cold all season.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Magicman

I'm sorry for you guys.  I read your post with one eye closed so I would not catch it.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

That is too bad guys. Excuse me while I go wash my hands.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WmFritz

Quote from: Magicman on January 04, 2015, 09:43:50 PM
I'm sorry for you guys.  I read your post with one eye closed so I would not catch it.   ;D

Lynn and Ray, no worries... I didn't breath on my puter while I typed.   ;D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill

Magicman

So you did not inhale exhale.....eh??   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WmFritz

Quote from: Magicman on January 04, 2015, 11:00:36 PM
So you did not inhale exhale.....eh??   :D

Ahhh choo!!!   Whoops.  ;D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill

luvmexfood

It's hitting hard here in SW. VA. I need to go to the Doctor for a routine visit and a refill prescription but who wants to wait in a doctors waiting room filled with several people who have the flu?
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

pineywoods

I did get my flu shot back in november. Apparently that does not help much for prevention, but does make it less severe. Still lasts 8-10 days..I think I picked this up from my daughter over the christmas visit. She works in a doctor's office and brings home all sorts of nasty stuff. Been tempted to invoke my old Dad's remedy, take a bottle of JD with you and go to bed. The JD probably won't cure anything, but you won't care. ;D
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

goose63

pineywoods my dad all ways said just drink it if it don't cure ya it'll kill ya  :o  smiley_eek_dropjaw
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

coxy

my dad did the same thing but drank ginger brandy ;D

Onthesauk

Wife went to the doctor today after being down with it for 4 or 5 days, sick, fever and cough.  Quick test and not flu but pneumonia so there are antibiotics to fix it.  Apparently no current known cure for the flu.
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

WH_Conley

Me and the wife took care of everything at once. Flu, her double pneumonia, sinus infection and ear infection. Me, Bronchitis on one side, pneumonia on the other, ear and sinus infection. It was a rough 2 weeks in the Conley household. We both went through the steroids and 2 rounds of anti-antibiotics each. We should be in good shape for the rest of the year.
Bill

Thank You Sponsors!