iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Some times its a long ways outa of the woods .

Started by Gearbox, January 08, 2018, 08:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gearbox

On Friday I was putting together a drag of firewood and lost the drive on the right side of my track skidder . Walked out and came back in the morning with tools . almost a 1/2 mile in . Decided it had to come to the shop . Well dummy you can't steer it with 1 track drive but you got a winch with 75 ft. of line . Pulled it backwards 75 feet at a time 2 hours to the landing . This morning winched it up onto the trailer . Home now with the tracks off and in the nice warm shop . In the morning pull the ROPS and fenders and pull the right steering clutch . Somewhere there are pics of it TC 5 International .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

GAB

Quote from: Gearbox on January 08, 2018, 08:19:55 PM
On Friday I was putting together a drag of firewood and lost the drive on the right side of my track skidder . Walked out and came back in the morning with tools . almost a 1/2 mile in . Decided it had to come to the shop . Well dummy you can't steer it with 1 track drive but you got a winch with 75 ft. of line . Pulled it backwards 75 feet at a time 2 hours to the landing . This morning winched it up onto the trailer . Home now with the tracks off and in the nice warm shop . In the morning pull the ROPS and fenders and pull the right steering clutch . Somewhere there are pics of it TC 5 International .

Sounds like you pulled yourself out by the tail.
Did that once when I got stuck with the tractor with the winch on it.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Southside

Wow, I bunny hopped my processor once about 200 yards when I lost a final drive and I thought that was miserable!!
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Skeans1

We've had to hop ours out a few times around 600 feet makes for an interesting day or my other favorite when the swing gives up the ghost.

Southside

Been down into that miserable hole filled with hydraulic hoses and done that. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Skeans1

Once in a blue that little devil has to come around and show his face normally with a main hydraulic hose that makes the fire department jealous.

BargeMonkey

Topping a hitch from the cab last spring, way way back in, flat nice ground, went to move and felt a POP. 😡 this was the night before we got that 32" snowfall, try crab walking a Timbco out thru rugged ground 😂
I got up at 430 this morning and about fell over, close to 30 degrees outside, the night before it was -14, about had it with this weather.

chevytaHOE5674

Lost the swing planetary gear and motor in the processor once so the boom was free swinging. Crawled 3/8 of a mile off a rugged hillside while raising and lowering the boom everytime it would start to swing uncontrollably. Took forever...

krusty

Gearbox...

That made me smile knowing it will be possible to keep up with the forestry work into my 70's hopefully, knowing that stuff happens to all of us and can be overcome!

barbender

For being a crusty ol booger, Gearbox is in darn fine shape and looks like he could be in his late 50's👍🏼😊
Too many irons in the fire

Gearbox

Just an update .The steering clutch fiber disks were all broken on the right and one on the left . Assembled wrong some time in the past . New parts on the way it will live to pull wood soon .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

barbender

Gearbox

Moved the skidder back to the woods today . Going to start pulling wood tomorrow for 3 days . Weather man says 25 inches between Sunday and Tuesday . My legs are not as long as Barbenders so that will be it for the winter . We will have 3 feet in the woods if we get that much . Will start the processer and cut up .

barbender

Gearbox

If we get that much you will need to go back in the spring to get what you left at your new best freinds

barbender

That's what I'm having nightmares about😂😂😂

Gearbox

Well today went quite well . Had one brake band to tight so backed it off and made 2 more pulls . fixed up a new seat tonight . Back at it in the morning . Landing is getting full room for a few more cords .

Thank You Sponsors!