iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Edit: Query Solved. Thank you.

Started by KatSteve, September 14, 2018, 08:54:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KatSteve

EDIT:: Apparently this is a 1960s Ercol Windsor Sideboard. Seems a bit of a gem. Thank you for everyone's assistance (: 

Hello,
Firstly thank you to the admins for approving my joining here.
I hope I'm posting this in the right place, or posting this correctly in general, apologies in advance as I'm clueless at forums.
I recently moved into a house who's previous tenant had been in for 50+years, it came fully furnished.
We have a beautiful sideboard in here that I'm convinced is solid wood but I'm wondering if anyone could identify the type for Me? Believe it has a lumber mark but am not sure.

I think we may try do it up a bit as it has some general wear and tear marks but is otherwise beautiful, so would like to know how to proceed so we don't make it worse.
Thank you for your time.

Texas Ranger

Production mark, not lumber.  And welcome to the forum.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

DWyatt

It looks like Maple to me, but I am not 100% of that.

btulloh

I'd say cherry based on the grain reversals, but it could be maple with cherry stain.
HM126

KatSteve

Quote from: Texas Ranger on September 14, 2018, 09:03:21 AM
Production mark, not lumber.  And welcome to the forum.
My mistake, apologies. I know absolutely nothing about these things. Appreciate the insight. Thank you! 

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, KatSteve!

Nice piece of furniture!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!