iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pig Roast Travels

Started by Magicman, July 30, 2016, 05:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goose63

Magicman you dont have to many more miles home than we did 897 miles in one day was a loooong day for me and my bum leg but was well worth it.
It was good to meet you and Patd and Danny and all the rest of the people there I hope every one gets home safe
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Magicman

It was nice finally meeting you and your Lady Goose.  It seems that there is never enough time to spend with each member there.  I wish safe travels for the remainder of your trip home.

We made the trip to Mackinaw City and back today.  The first stop was our favorite restaurant.

For Pasties.  PatD got chicken and I got beef, and with gravy.   :o

'Bout done with mine.   food6

We got a few frozen Pasties for the trip home.

Reckon you could fine a T shirt in here??

We went to Mill Creek where we saw a pit saw demonstration.

And also a water driven saw.

A closeup of the blade.

The two types of waterwheels that drive and operate the sawmill.  The flutter wheel drives the blade and the tub wheel drives the power feed.

A short video of the sawmill operating:  https://youtu.be/lmgR301I6n8

The flutter wheel that drives the blade:  https://youtu.be/FKD5afoML1k

The tub wheel that drives the power feed: https://youtu.be/4LTrQ4SiFbc

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dave Shepard

Thanks for posting pics of your travels and the PR. How many board feet to the ibuprofen did that pit saw get? DanG hard on the shoulders.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

WDH

I bet that you wanted to jump into the pit and show them a thing or two about sawing lumber  :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

I would have but I could not find the seat.   ;D

The guide correctly called the two sawyers the "tiller" and the "pit man".  I always heard them called the "top dog" and the "under dog". 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bark Beetle

The tiller was typically the owner and caretaker of the saw.
You don't work wood, you work with wood.

Magicman

Somewhere in South Indiana with poor wifi.  I need rain to wash this sticky stuff off but none yet.

gspren

Quote from: Magicman on August 10, 2016, 08:08:44 PM
Somewhere in South Indiana with poor wifi.  I need rain to wash this sticky stuff off but none yet.
I guess it's some kind of sap, luckily it washes off fairly easy.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Jeff

I've been told it is some sort of secretion from an avid infestation. It could be honeydew.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

gspren

Thanks Jeff, I didn't notice whether it was bad at your house but it was really bad at Hidden Hill CG.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Jeff

Its bad here too. Just found out what it was in the last few days.

chet

I thought maybe I just parked in da wrong spot, for da festivities. The first night I left, my windshield looked like it was covered in frost.  :o  By the next night da truck was a gooey sticky mess.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Corley5

I've got ONE small red oak tree in my yard that I've always parked my 550 under.  I've got to park it in different spot because of the secretions.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Magicman

We are somewhere between Nashville & Memphis TN, and still no rain to wash this stuff off.  Not very much wifi either.

okmulch

I had a rental car so I didn't mind the sticky stuff. I returned it still on there.  ;D
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

Magicman

Somehow that has to be cheating.   :D

samandothers

MM is the sticky stuff worse than love bugs?

Magicman

Oh no, nothing is worse than Love Bugs!

Carson-saws

MM...Very good video...I am so glad you had the oppertunity to see Mill Creek...Just returned from aq full parimeter trip of Michigan.  Started out in St. Joesph up to Lake in the clouds back down the East side to home.  The East side of the state is the best side, in my opinion anyway...far far less tourism and the sites to be seen are incredible... Did you run the Pit saw?  well mock up pit saw...suprising how simple, once you get in motion, it is to work. For 3 or 4 minutes anyway. I can not imagine doing it  to 12 hours a day every day.  Looks like you enjoyed many of the places here and hope you come back to see more.
Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

Magicman

Home.  16 days, 7 states, and 3193 miles driven.  Overall, perfect weather for the entire trip.  The lowest temperature that we had was 58° one morning.....nice.   ;)

This morning we saw a high speed wreck on the interstate only 100 yards in front of us.  If we had been that much closer we could have been involved.  While Pat was dialing 911, I was the first one to reach the two cars and determine that there were no serious injuries.  We waited until a sheriff deputy arrived, gave him some details, and then left to keep from obstructing traffic.

Jeff

I got up the morning you left Lynn and felt bad. I realized I sent you home with a jar of something you probably didn't want and plum forgot to give you a big bag of pork that I know you would have. :-\  Did you get Miss Pat to taste the Pickled Baloney?  That is a hunter's staple up here in Michigan. :)

Magicman

We surely hated to leave because we knew that it was the beginning of closing the book on this years PR travels.   :-\

I am waiting until Marty gets here to have a "grand opening" on that Pickled Baloney.   :o

Jeff

Thank You Sponsors!