iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

log home builders association workshop

Started by TGofWNY, December 25, 2007, 11:21:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TGofWNY

He ya'll. Merry Christmas! Has anyone taken the log home builders association week long workshop in Washington state? If not, do you know anything about it? Is it worth the $750? And travel to get there? Thanks.

--Tom

logman

You can find some info about the workshop on Log Homes on the Internet site.
LT40HD, 12' ext, 5105 JD tractor, Genie GTH5519 telehandler
M&K Timber Works

wkheathjr

Quote from: TGofWNY on December 25, 2007, 11:21:52 AM
He ya'll. Merry Christmas! Has anyone taken the log home builders association week long workshop in Washington state? If not, do you know anything about it? Is it worth the $750? And travel to get there? Thanks.

--Tom

I hear that those group has an opinion about using real log vs milled log, but it doesn't matter to me if I am using real log to milling log.  If I didn't sell my timber few years ago then there would be a good chance I would be attending that workshop and cut down trees on my property to build my log home with real logs.  Kinda regret selling my Timber right now, but if I could do it all over again with same knowledge I have right now then I would not sell it at all.  I just had to do it back then to get a capital for starting my new business and it worked out okay.

Hoss

Tom, I attended the two day workshop about twelve years ago. I really enjoyed the two day session. However, Skip, the fellow that put on the program taught only butt and pass method of construction---he was quite adament that this was the only way a log home should be built. I live in Washington State so I just drove each day to his location so my expenses were minimal.
Hoss

Polly

i have read and looked at pictures and listened to people about building log cabins and the only book i have found that was accurate was   the foxfire book ao/36     it tells different methods gives picture examples on log cabin building and fireplace and chimney building  and shows how to cut dove tale and other methods i think these books came packed 3 books at a time and this is volume two  sorry you cant have mine  ::) ::) :) :) :)

dovetail

Don't waste your time or money.  Send me your address and I will send a DVD.  I don't know if this link will work, if not go to you tube and search dovetail log cabin.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6Y1SKCemNM

KingLewey70

I took the class. The class is worth it many times over, even if they charged $2000, it would still be a bargain. They will teach you the pros and cons of each style of building. The main style taught is butt & pass. "IMHO" the pros far outweighs the cons in this style. I would never own a kit home, the cons far outweigh the very few pros. Take the class and I am sure you would never even think about a kit home again. Even if you took it and didnt think it was worth it they have a 90 day full refund. The instructors are very knowledgeable, honest, sincere, and Elsworth is a 6th generation log home builder.   YOU WONT REGRET IT!!!!!!!!!!!! 
Yes we are very adament about this style, as I am sure you will be too after taking the class.

Best wishes to you!

Don P

I know only a little of the methods taught in that class. I have noticed the character qualities it instills in its graduates all too often.

TGofWNY

Hey King louie, did you build your own log home after taking the class?

Thank You Sponsors!