iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New guy to the forum

Started by muggs, November 06, 2015, 02:51:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muggs

I have read this forum with interest. I guess it is time to join. Let me tell you something about myself. Me and my brother have built 2 bandmills back in the early 70's, long before Woodmiser. We moved the log instead of moving the sawhead. We cut Claro Walnut, English Walnut, and Euclaliptus. [spelled wrong] I started buying lumber is OK and AR. Built a dry kiln and started trucking it to CA to sell. Then started an entry door business. I built a lot of my own machinery for the door business. I am now out of that business.I now do electric motors part time.[ I like to keep busy} I am a slightly disabled Viet Nam Vet. 67 years old. If you were in the Americal division, let me know. I may chime in if I have the answers to any questions.   Oh yea I'm in Camarillo, Ca

Magicman

First, Thank You for your Service to our Country, and Welcome to the Forestry Forum, muggs.

Add your location to your profile so that we will remember.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, muggs!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

fishfighter

Welcome aboard. Some good people here.

dean herring

Welcome and thank you for your service to our country
God bless America
Failure is not an option  3D Lumber

21incher

Welcome to the Forestry Forum muggs. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

dgdrls

Welcome aboard Muggs,
No better place on the Web.

Dan

WV Sawmiller

Muggs,

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

drobertson

Howdy muggs, glad you signed in,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Sixacresand

Welcome to the Forum, Muggs.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

rooster 58

Welcome muggs. And I salute you for your service

muggs

Thanks for the warm welcome folks. Seems like a bunch of good ole boys here.   Muggs

fat olde elf

Welcome Muggs !! Thanks for your service. I am surrounded with Nam vets,  I was too old for that one and too young for Korea...The Forum is a great place..........PER
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

YellowHammer

Welcome.  You'll like it here.
YH
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Lambee10

welcome Muggs

Happy Veterans Day to you!
All animals like me...at feeding time.

M-14 Belsaw and the toys to go with it.

Thank You Sponsors!