iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Popcorn

Started by pappy19, January 04, 2018, 03:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy19

I've been a popcorn freak since I was born, I think. About 20 years ago I was working in Amish country Ohio and became a fan of Lady Finger popcorn. I usually made it on my Whirly Pop machine. I saw on Amazon that one could get a microwave butter version, so I bought a box of 10. Well, it is by far, the best popcorn ever. I can't  make it any better. If you like popcorn,  you deserve to try Lady Finger.

Pap
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

Jeff

I like popcorn, but I can't eat popcorn. I have a "divit" deep in the back of my throat where hulls get stuck. No amount of coughing, or drinking or eating seems to remove them. I usually end up with a severe soar throat before they come lose, or a visit to the Dr. I can eat Carmel corn though.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

21incher

I love popcorn. I like the thin shells and tenderness of the strawberry popcorn that I grow. It is easy to grow and for some reason the coons don't touch it.
  https://youtu.be/pXPrSc_ysFs
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Roxie

That's a nice video.  I'm going to share that with the grandchildren. 
Say when

pappy19

Lady Finger popcorn is the smallest hull-less popcorn and has a very nutty flavor.

Pap
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

WV Sawmiller

I need some engineering assistance from some of our experts here. I always figured we should be able to put out popcorn in the bird feeders and such where chipmunks, squirrels and unwanted bird species are a problem (Probably too much to expect it to work with bears). When the vermin eats a bait of popcorn we just zap him with a microwave gun, the corn in his crop or belly blows up removing our pest problem. Environmentally friendly with no harmful residue.

If you have the knowledge of how to make such a microwave gun please send it to me and I'll go ahead and patent the design and application and if it makes any money I'll send you some of it.

I'm betting Kbeitz has everything we need in his junkyard and probably may be my best source. I probably should just go ahead and partner with him up front. :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Dave Shepard

If you can put enough energy into the system to pop the popcorn, everything else is going to pop anyway.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

WV Sawmiller

Dave,

Are you trying to be a party popper pooper? :D

Oh well, other geniuses were ridiculed too.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Thank You Sponsors!