iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Frick setworks and hand receder

Started by Old Iron nut, March 16, 2014, 11:06:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Iron nut

Anyone have any experience with these units? Any bad points or wear areas? Good points or other shortcomings? The unit I am talking about is an older model, age unknown. Thanks in advance. Old Iron nut.

bandmiller2

Old Iron, if your smarter than me and can post pictures it will help, a lot of us are unsure what you have. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

NMFP

Do you have any pictures of the setworks and hand receeder?  I have one I rebuilt on my mill and it works fantastic.  Very fast and easy to use.

Pictures will help!

Old Iron nut

Guys, I don't have the unit home yet, won't have until a month or so. Other equipment needs fixing first. Frank, I am not too good at pics either, but will have to learn pretty soon. Still gathering parts, gotta quit soon. Cheers, Old Iron nut.

chopperdr47

My setworks had been sitting out in the weather for years when I got it. Luckily, all I had to do was clean it, oil it, then clean and oil it again. It was stiff for a while but working it and keeping it very oiled has brought it back to a smooth and accurate operating condition . It was messy for sure and getting to all the areas that needed attention took a little work, but it was easier than taking it apart.

Quote from: NMFP on March 19, 2014, 08:34:27 AMDo you have any pictures of the setworks and hand receeder?  I have one I rebuilt on my mill and it works fantastic.  Very fast and easy to use

NMPF, do you have any pictures of your receeder set-up? I have an idea for the friction board for mine but I'd like to see how others are done.
If ya ain't got what ya need, use what ya got

Thank You Sponsors!