iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husky 385 XP

Started by gizmo, January 04, 2009, 10:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

I never used to use the decomps, until I ripped the starter out of the 394. We have a 2100 at the mill, when it runs, it really runs.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

TexasTimbers

I was the same way Dave until I read it's actually easier on the saw to use them. Not just on the pull cord. Don't really remember why though.
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Al_Smith

Quote from: Dave Shepard on January 09, 2009, 08:16:11 PM
I never used to use the decomps, until I ripped the starter out of the 394. We have a 2100 at the mill, when it runs, it really runs.
A slight side track from Husqvarna but related to a decomp .

I have a 2100 Homelite ,from the days of tall timber and iron men . That old duffer has a slightly different decomp than most people are used to on a modern saw .

When I got this old thing the decomp must have been inoperable for years .Some west coast gorilla had nearly ripped the starter housing in two starting it . Who ever it was must have been bull strong because it takes me ,one foot in the handle and both arms on the rope to pull it over .Needless to say I repaired the thing .

stonebroke

My 056 doesn't have a decomp and it starts easier than my Husky 55.

Stonebroke

Dave Shepard

We have a 55 at the mill that pulls over harder than my 394. Must be a 55 thing.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

GASoline71

Quote from: Al_Smith on January 10, 2009, 08:55:56 AM

I have a 2100 Homelite ,from the days of tall timber and iron men . That old duffer has a slightly different decomp than most people are used to on a modern saw .

When I got this old thing the decomp must have been inoperable for years .Some west coast gorilla had nearly ripped the starter housing in two starting it . Who ever it was must have been bull strong because it takes me ,one foot in the handle and both arms on the rope to pull it over .Needless to say I repaired the thing .

I resemble that remark!!!  :D :D

Starting my old Homelite 770G is like arm wrestling with an old silver back sometimes...

Gary
\"...if ya mess with the bull... ya gets the horn.\"

Dave Shepard

Sasquatch vs. Gorrilla! LIVE on PayPerView! Only $39.95! :D :D :D

gizmo

Quote from: TexasTimbers on January 08, 2009, 07:27:18 PM
Could be gizmo bought his 385 before the 390 was available.

I was really new to this sawing thing and had an Alaskan mill. I guess I really didn't give it a lot of thought.  My son's a school counseler close to a Husky place and i told him to buy me a 385. The dealer asked how much wood is he going to cut and my son said maybe 2 face cords a year. The store owner kind of looked at him and probably thought.........Here's a fish. Not so though. The guy threw in extra chains and I'm quite happy with my purchase. i bought it about 4 years ago.  Good power, works good in my mill which I just cut special slabs for me or my neighbors.   No regrets.

Al_Smith

Quote from: GASoline71 on January 10, 2009, 02:28:05 PM
Quote from: Al_Smith on January 10, 2009, 08:55:56 AM

I resemble that remark!!!  :D :D

Starting my old Homelite 770G is like arm wrestling with an old silver back sometimes...

Gary
Why yes of course .Here I am a liitle skinny  old geezer of 220 pounds .Of course I have a tough time . :D

That nonsense aside ,some of those older saws were well blessed with compression .

Just last Saturday at the Ohio  gtg most likely the best chain filer on the east coast showed up with a 181 Huskey ,old school . Those that have never seen one in action cannot believe how those things boogie .They will leave those larger Huskey models in the dust excluding the big boys of nearly or over 100 cc's .

It's a crying shame what the EPA mandated stuff has done to our saws , :(

DelawhereJoe

Bumping an old thread, but does anyone know if you can swap the jug for one from a 390 xp ? I saw one on Craigslist for $275 but don't know its condition.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

celliott

Quote from: DelawhereJoe on August 26, 2018, 12:57:27 PM
Bumping an old thread, but does anyone know if you can swap the jug for one from a 390 xp ? I saw one on Craigslist for $275 but don't know its condition.
Yep any 390 part swaps on. Same case, everything really except piston and cylinder.
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

Thank You Sponsors!