Sponsors:

Woodmizer lx150

Started by Bruno of NH, October 05, 2018, 09:25:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

Just seen a u-tube of a Woodmizer lx150
Looks like a nice slab cutter
Is it a new mill ?
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Southside

Must be - I see they incorporated the Bibbyman tensioner into the design.  Not sure about the logic of the cup holder though, I gotta think think that cup will fill up with sawdust.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Downstream

Looks like a new one to me.  similar cut specs as lt15 so wider but not a slabber.  I'm curious on everyone's thoughts about the thin sheet log bed vs box rails on lt15.  I have never been a fan of that type on any mill because sometimes with shorter logs I have to slide them along the rails to match up to clamps.  easier to do on box or c-channel rails vs blade style supports like this or Norwood I believe.  Would be interesting to hear the logic on competing against yourself(lt15). 
EZ Boardwalk Jr,  Split Second Kinetic logsplitter, Granberg Alaskan Chainsaw Mill, Stihl 660 and 211, Logrite 60" cant hook, Dixie 32 Tongs

4x4American

Hey they took my idea to put the phone charger on the mill lol  I called up Tony at WM Indy awhile back and asked if I could charge my phone with the USB port on my 70 super he said I couldn't and I was like whaaat that's dumb haha
Boy, back in my day..

Lawg Dawg

They did not show how they roll them big logs...think I'll stick with my 40 WideHead
2018  LT 40 Wide 999cc, 2019 t595 Bobcat track loader,
John Deere 4000, 2016 F150, Husky 268, 394xp, Shindiawa 591, 2 Railroad jacks, and a comealong. Woodmaster Planer, and a Skilsaw, bunch of Phillips head screwdrivers, and a pair of pliers!

100,000 bf club member
Pro Sawyer Network

schakey

It has two things that I wish was on the LT15/28 is the simple set and debarker 8) But then again the price might be close to the 35 manual.
Think-Dream-Plan-Do

Chuck White

Quote from: Southside logger on October 05, 2018, 09:38:42 PM
Must be - I see they incorporated the Bibbyman tensioner into the design.  Not sure about the logic of the cup holder though, I gotta think think that cup will fill up with sawdust.  
The cup holder most likely stems from a long-time request from Mr TOM!
Mr TOM asked in many of his posts, for someone to come up with a cup holder on the sawmill, and Wood-Mizer most likely caught wind of it!
So, as far as I can figure, that's the story! 
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

barbender

I'm all in on that cup holder👍
Too many irons in the fire

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

DbltreeBelgians

I saw the LX models at the Paul Bunyan show yesterday in Cambridge. Woodmizer had quite the layout of equipment there.

Brent

Jeff

Furby texted me these pics from Paul Bunyan. I could tell he was in love.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

egmiii

The LX150 looks like an interesting unit. I gave Woodmizer a call and they estimated it would run 14k for the base model. A little bit rich for my hobbyist blood. Has anyone heard if they plan to release the LX100 in the US? From what I can tell, it's been available in Europe for about a year.

samandothers

Thank You Sponsors!