iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Doing in a goat

Started by DanG, January 02, 2006, 01:44:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanG

My son-in-law raises goats to sell, mostly to the Mexican population here.  They like to eat them.  Well, Linda mentioned it at work for some reason, and this Filipino guy who does the floors picked up on it.  He bugged her to get him a goat for their Christmas feast.  She finally relented and they struck a deal.  Jimmy killed a young goat and stuffed him in a cooler and Linda took it to the guy at work.  Oh, was he ever happy with it!  So happy, as a matter of fact, that he wanted another one for New Year's.  Linda put her foot down and told him she was out of the dead goat delivery business, and he would have to fetch it for himself.  She has restricted herself to the brokering of dead goats, exclusively!

Anyway, Larry, the Filipino guy, communicated(after a fashion ::) ) with Jimmy and got directions to his place.  Jimmy says he looked out the window Saturday morning and there was 2 carloads of Filipinos in the yard, ogling his goats.  They obviously couldn't haul the thing alive, so Jimmy was gonna kill it for them and put it in their cooler, like before.  Well, Larry stopped him and asked if he had a beer bottle. ???  He said he did, and went to get one.  When he came back, Larry had a jug of vinegar, from which he filled the beer bottle.  He stuck the bottle in the goat's mouth and he drank it all down, then fell over dead in about 2 minutes! :o  Now who woulda thunk?  I never heard of such!  Larry says it keeps the smell down when they butcher it, too.  Anybody else ever heard of this?
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

woodbowl

Quote from: DanG on January 02, 2006, 01:44:24 AM
  He stuck the bottle in the goat's mouth and he drank it all down, then fell over dead in about 2 minutes!
I ain't never heared of no such a thing!  Goats don't even like vinager! Musta' pickled their gizzard or somethin. Do ya reckon somebody's tellin' a stretcher out of their hip pocket?
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

DanG

I don't know for sure. ???  Ol' Jimmy ain't above pullin' the occasional leg, but I can usually tell when he is.  Another thing I ain't sure of is if he is sure it was just vinegar.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Dana

Dan, Sounds like a good one for Myth Busters or Urban Legends that is if the peta people don't get to the producers first!
Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

Burlkraft

I went to a goat roast on the beach in Negril when I wuz in Jamacia. :( :( :( :( :( :(

You could smell that thing a mile away....I'll stick to piggy ;D ;D ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

alsayyed

I have read the story complete. Let me tell you we eat goat in Qatar all the times. They kill goat by hundreds everyday especially in occasions and celebration. I never every heard that you give goat beer. All we do before we kill the goat is to give the goat some water to drink, then you kill the goat using very sharp knives then leave the goat for 10 minutes till the blood wash a way then skin it I mean take the skin out and cleaned the goat using water and cut it according to your needs put in freezer. It is simple process.
Here is very important aspect before we kill a goat we have to say something like in the name of God. God is great and must be faced to Mecca

Dan_Shade

i wouldn't want to butcher anything that hasn't been killed in a way that gets the blood drained from the meat before it coagulates...

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Thank You Sponsors!