iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood-Mizer price rollback!

Started by Bibbyman, May 09, 2003, 02:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibbyman

Yowsers!!!  It's the end of the day so I thought I'd go out and check the Wood-Mizer web site to see if there was anything new.

Right there on the home page they've got announced a big price rollback.  Now to June 15th.  If a body was thinking to buy,  NOW looks to be the time.  

I better not let Mary see this or she'll be wanting a 2003 model. ::)

Wood-Mizer
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

biziedizie

But Bibbyman it's only in America ??? Guess we get no deals in Canada.

That's still ok as I was talking to WM yesterday and they've come up with a pretty good deal for me if I want to buy a demo saw.

Steve

Bibbyman

Maybe you can buy it on this side and drag it over the line when nobody's looking!  :o Think they would notice a 30' orange machine hooked behind your truck?
Sawing since '94

biziedizie

Bibbyman don't put ideas in my mind. :D That's the type of thing that I would do. ;D.........Now could it be done if I painted it black and drove at night ??? Hmmmm ok I gotta go now and do some thinking.

Steve

Furby

Hey Steve,
 Do you have a boat? ;)

biziedizie

Furby I have three boats, my biggest sailboat could carry it but I would have to take the mill apart.
  Got any ideas as how I could get across the water ways? :D :D There's a boarder even on the water!

Steve

Furby

Steve,
 Take the engine off and submerge the rest under a pontoon boat.  ;D Note: Go for neutral buoyancy with a few plastic drums tied under the mill. :D And you may still want to paint it black. ;)

biziedizie

But how do I explain about the big yellow rope that's behind the boat to the port authorities?  Do you think that they would notice that? :D

Steve

Fla._Deadheader

It'll have WHEELS on it, eh??? hint----hint :D :D :D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

biziedizie

Maybe I could tie some ballons to it and have a few kids sitting on it and say that I'm entering it in the local May day parade. :D

Ok now my mind is thinking too much. :D

5 a.m and I gotta go cut some lumber.......don't ya just love it when the sun comes up early. :)

Steve

Percy

Actually,back in Feb of this year,Woodmizer had a price reduction for us Canucks. Because I gave a deposit back then, I got the savings when I finnally got the mill on the 15th of April. It was on any remote mill..around $1700.00 I think. ::)

Another thing, the Canadian buck is doing well these days and the price up here for U.S. goods should be dropping if the trend continues.....and Ill owe more on my mill then its worth...heheh.....uhhhh........honey, let me  explain....
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

C_Miller

If you roll up to the customs guys with an AK-47 on the dashboard.  Guaranteed they won't pay a bit of attention to the trailer.

C
CJM

biziedizie

biziedizie

Ooops! I hit the wrong key!

C_Miller I think that might draw a bit to much attention if I did that. :D
  Maybe I should pull up with my ex :D Now that would make them want me to get through there fast. ;D

Wow 4 1/2 hours work done already! I just love it when the sun comes up early!

Steve

C_Miller

Steve, If your ex is like my ex, you'll be in less trouble going with the rifle.  And if you really need I know some folks in Lewiston,on the Niagara River.  They used to run cigarettes till the local Native Americans put them out of business. So they're looking for work.

C
CJM

biziedizie

What's the deal with your ex? Is she an ex con :D

Steve

MrMoo

Be careful putting a mill on a boat. Once you do that they only seem to cut wavy lumber  :D

biziedizie

Bibbyman

Better check into an underwater engine just in case the boat sinks - you can just anchor it down and saw up the sinkers.
Sawing since '94

OneWithWood

Biz,
Send your dad and your ex to bring the mill home.  You could probably buy the mill from the gov as a seized item with the money you save by not going their bail ;D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

biziedizie

Now that's a very good plan :D I think I will go and see if the old man has a trailer hitch on his car. :D

Steve

jimbo

newby here    i was one of the frist to order one online L15 still in the process of seting it up as it will be only part time for me

Kevin_H.

You know, I went to the WM site the other nite and the 36 hp gas whith the command and control started callin my name...

Now mind you my 24 hp is doing a fine job but it is almost 6 years old...and its paid for....

Just cant decide if I want a sawmill pmt...

What to do...What to do...
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Bibbyman

Kevin_H,  money is so cheep right now it's almost free.  The big hang up would be to find someone to buy your old mill in time to take advantage of this offer.

The big gamble would be to buy new and hold on to the old and hope the economy booms and then sell it.

BTW,  if we hadn't went electric, we were going 36 gas on a standard LT40HD.  We even went up to Indy and looked  :o at one.
Sawing since '94

Kevin_H.

Well I could have sold it today to the person I was sawing for...He promised that he would only saw for himself.

This time of year we go gung ho, it winter time that kills the cash flow...

Going to have to think some more...

We have looked at some of the "Supers" but we do mostly custom sawing on the customers site,  No since sawing faster than the customer can off bear.  :D
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Thank You Sponsors!