iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Value Added

Started by Fla._Deadheader, June 21, 2003, 01:14:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fla._Deadheader

Got a few more pics of some of the logs we just "rescued" from the river. The one sitting on the loader, we had to get the backhoe to load. The loader worked, but, we kept raising the other side of the mill off the ground. :o :o

DanG, sure coulda used the "Hootie Mobile" on this bunch a logs. Decided to not saw the biggest one, this time around.

This load is over 4' high X 6' wide. Water was running out of the wood as we sawed it. It is HEAVY !!!!

This is some color of the Cypress. It can vary from Yellow to red to light purple and also Chocolate brown.
    It rained and poured all day, and I had to strap a bumbershoot over the control station. ;), to keep the electronicals from blowin  ;D  Belts were a slippin, and the dust (wet) was a flyin. Cut about 1200 bdft in 1 X, 2X and mostly 3X clear through all the logs. Loadin them suckers got REAL old. When they get delivered Monday, I'm gonna just measure and record. I ain't touchin them again  ::) ::) :o :D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Tom

Way to go Harold.

I knew you had a mill that would do the job.  It just didn't like Australian Pine any better than we do. :D

That's a good looking log on the loader.   Makes my mouth water wanting to look inside of it. :)

Fla._Deadheader

I'll get some pics for ya, when "They" unload, Monday. :D :D :D
   First, it is ridiculed;

AtLast

ummmmmmmm...are those steel toed tennies ya hav there or are ya flirtin with disaster?  ;D

Fla._Deadheader

Never wore steel toes, never will. Saw a feller get his toes taken off while he was unloading a transformer. He had steel toes. Problem was, we had a h*ll of a time getting his shoe off to stop the bleeding !!! Would have been MUCH better to have soft toe shoes. Anyways, it keeps ya agile. I've had several smashed fingers, but, no smashed toes.  knock  knock ::) :D :D :D
   First, it is ridiculed;

biziedizie

Harold you have the same outlook about steel toed boots as I have about work gloves. :D I hate work gloves cause when a saw goes through them it's too late for the fingers. If you can't feel the saw hitting the glove then how can you know that the finger aint next???
  I find that sneakers are easier to jump around in then boots plus they are more comfy.
  Eye protection is a must for me though.

Steve

Fla._Deadheader

Them are "all purpose" shoes. When on the boat all day, the sun will fry yer feet, unless ya have white shoes or stay in the water.
  I wear glasses full time, and believe I have more stuff get in my eyes now than before I started wearin them. Makes ya a little careless too !!
   First, it is ridiculed;

Rusty

Looks like you got some good un's this time Deadheader,I would'a liked to have seen those big ones come to top after all those years. Watch out for those baby mudcats in the heavypeck logs those fins hurt!
Rusty  

Fla._Deadheader

Hi Rusty. All the Pecky logs were floaters. The one with the very gnarly outside, in the pic, was a sinker. It's solid. We got 1 small pine, about 6" heart X 16'.
  Haven't seen them cats yet, but, we did saw through 2 clams. :o
  When ya comin down???
   First, it is ridiculed;

Thank You Sponsors!