Previous topic - Next topic

SHADOW

I am searching for link that show and explain
the different cut to bring a tree down,
and different forestery technique.

Thanks for your info
STIHL.

tonto

Hey Shadow. I have seen some on you tube, although some of the techniques are questionable. I am sure someone in this forum will have some great ideas, this is the best forum I have seen, the guys and gals are great people. I am amazed at the amount of info every time I sign in. Regards, Tonto.
Stihl MS441 & Husqvarna 562XP. CB5036 Polaris Sportsman 700 X2. Don't spend nearly enough time in the woods.

Ianab

This is a booklet put out by OSH (NZ Government) to try and prevent un-trained people killing themselves while cutting down trees. It's heavy on basic safety stuff, but has good info on the various felling and bucking cuts you should be making.

http://www.osh.govt.nz/order/catalogue/pdf/treefell.pdf

It's a PDF, so can save the whole file and print it out to read at your leasure.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

DR_Buck

Quote from: Ianab on January 03, 2009, 04:26:41 PM
This is a booklet put out by OSH (NZ Government) to try and prevent un-trained people killing themselves while cutting down trees. It's heavy on basic safety stuff, but has good info on the various felling and bucking cuts you should be making.

http://www.osh.govt.nz/order/catalogue/pdf/treefell.pdf

It's a PDF, so can save the whole file and print it out to read at your leasure.

Ian

Ian   -  Nice booklet.  Very good explanations and illustrations..  Thanks for posting it.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

SwampDonkey

BC has a good faller and bucker's manual as well. I've never seen any put out by our provincial government here. I'm sure there is someplace, because they have training courses, but I suspect it's done by the community colleges or maybe the Ranger School folks. I find our provincial government does not publish anything that some one can sue them for. They like crawling all over ya when something goes wrong.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!