iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Recommended Sharper/ Setter for Norwood 1 1/4 Blades

Started by H60 Hawk Pilot, October 15, 2009, 04:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H60 Hawk Pilot

I have searched the Forum for recommended sharpner & setter and did not get a clear picture so,  I reoaded the topic.

Avery
Case 1150B & IHC TD-340 Dozer's, IHC 4WD 3800 & CAT 436B Hoe's, Franklin 170, Semi's: (1) Freightliner, (2) KW's, Marmon, Mack w/ Prentice Ldr., F-700 Crane Trk., (6) Mid Size Trk's. - Dumps, Flats, 1 Ton w/ 40 ft. 5th Whl. & (4) Semi Tlr's., LM 2000 Mill, (2) XL 12's., Solo 681, EFCO 152, Old Iron.

ely

everyone uses a sharpener that they are comfortable with. i just happen to use the cooks cat claw sharpener. and i have found no fault with it since 04.

badpenny

Have you looked at the Norwood sharpener? I use one that belongs to a friend, who does not have time of his own to sharpen or set his blades. I also have the adjustable hand setter from Hudson. This setup works for me, 7/8" cam for his blades, 3/4" cam for mine. Also bought a borazon cutter from Norwood, which does a much better job than the abrasive type of stone
Hope and Change, my foot,  It's time for Action and Results!

Chuck White

I have the Cooks "Cat Claw" sharpener, bought it early this summer!
I really like it and it does not lack for power or accuracy.

I'm not sure, but I would think that most every mill manufacturer also has sharpeners!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

fat olde elf

I bought a used Cook's Cat Claw a while back on the Sawmmill exchange.  Check out Cook's for pricing,  Glad to see Cooks are now sponsors. I have their saw and use their rocks.  Also pick up needed cash sharpening for others...Life is Good !!
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

Thank You Sponsors!