iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A day cutting wood

Started by Peter Drouin, May 01, 2012, 08:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

Ya MM , when I ordered the 40 I got all the find adjust out riggers,but I had to make caps for them. they will loosen

This works for me :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Magicman

So far, mine have not loosened.  Neither while sawing nor transporting.

They are very valuable options.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Peter Drouin

If it will stop raining I could get the job done. so I have ben cutting orders. then I needed more logs, and the logger not cutting trees becouse of the rain :D :D :D :D sometimes you cant win :D 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Peter Drouin

Well rain on monday , tue, and wen. so I did cut sat and im going to cut today. im all most done. Ill bring the mill home today. I had some logs show up sat :D :D

:D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

sigidi

I hear ya Peter!!!! If I see rain again before Christmas it will be too soon :( >:( ::)
Always willing to help - Allan

customsawyer

Great saw job. Thanks for posting. Wouldn't it be great if all customers understood how you need to have the logs. I hope you are enjoying this job because they don't come around very often.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Magicman

It has been nice watching that log pile grow smaller.  I hope that you take a picture of the lumber pile before you leave.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Peter Drouin

I will take some pic of the lumber MM, but he has it all over the place :D  I put in 6 hrs today,rain tomorrow , tue and wen :D. he was saying something about some hemlock logs out in the woods. I don't know what ill find when I get back. When I looked at this job the logs were all over the place. Its when I got there that I saw all the logs in a pile. I have other jobs to get to, I did not think I would have this much wood I'm over 10,000 bf all ready :D and there's more. The next job I saw the 2 piles and there's 10,000 bf. And he wants me there now :D. I didn; t know the job was going to take this long. I can't find a strong back week mind tale man when you need one :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) 8) now I'm going out to cut the grass that's a foot tall :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Magicman

Your description is very vivid.  Many times I have left a job for the weekend and there were more when I returned Monday morning than at the beginning.  My present customer is skidding more logs this weekend, so I will see a surprise tomorrow morning.   :o

Peter Drouin

Well I got the job done.a LOT OF WOOD . now for the next one :D :DI would have been done last week but the rain. I think NH has all the rain that it needs for now :D :D

and the slab pile :D :D

A&P saw Mill LLC.

Peter Drouin

Post 2  :D :D :D Im not :D :D good at this
A&P saw Mill LLC.

beenthere

Peter

Nice to see the end of a good size job. Thanks for the pics.

Hopefully your customer gets his lumber up off the ground so it can dry. That pile next to a building and tight to the ground will stay some wet. ;)

What is the intended use for the stickered lumber in piles?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

Looks like a nice ending to a nice saw job.  Thanks for the look around.  I am always glad to finish a job and move on to a new customer and new scenery.   :)

To me, that is the joy of being portable.

Peter Drouin

When I got to the new job today I had to knock down the logs , a little hi  :D :D

Got set up and things went well. all w pine nice stuff :D I like to cut a lot of 2x4s at a time 8) 8) 8) 8)

:D :D ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

WDH

Those look like full size 2x4's.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Peter Drouin

I cut what the man wants :D Full 2x4 ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Peter Drouin

Well today went well. got a lot of wood cut. but some of the logs were not so good :D

this one I all most cut with a chansaw being a log snob that I am :D :D :D ;D

But I did get 8- 1"x14"x 12' and some 1x8 too. When I got into the pile I found this

Two trees in one :D and I could not move it, so I use MM trick with the hook thing. and rolled it out 

then I cut it off 

thats my 2" pipe PV:D :D :D hope to be done tuesday, I hope :D :D :D

Im not sure when the customer is going to stick his lumber. but best of luck to him  :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Jemclimber

Thanks for posting all of these pictures.  It helps a lot of us get our fix while we can't saw being tied up with other things. 
lt15

Peter Drouin

Your wellcome Jemclimber, I did get done today. But I have to go back for the mill . not far away maybe 10 miles the rain came so I just covered it. question, do you guys cut sticking on every job? and do you do for free or charge for them, I mean 1"x1" sticking not just the edging. :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

WDH

That big pile of unstickered lumber is scary  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jim_Rogers

Quote from: Peter Drouin on May 29, 2012, 08:00:59 PMdo you guys cut sticking on every job? and do you do for free or charge for them, I mean 1"x1" sticking not just the edging. :D

I don't cut it unless they ask me to cut it. It is a question that I ask them when we discuss the job. If they say yes, then I charge them for doing it.
If they say no then I throw all the edgings into the slab pile and they can pull them out.

It all depends on what they are going to use the lumber for.

I advise them if it's high quality hardwood lumber that they're going to use for furniture that they shouldn't use green stickers.

But if it's just barn boards for a shed or barn then using green stickers may not matter to them. I let them know that they may get sticker stain or sticker shadow on the boards/lumber. If they don't care, I don't care.

I have also built a sticker cutting frame on site and laid the stickers into it and cut them with a chain saw so that we'll have stickers while off bearing the lumber from the mill. So that we can stack and stick as we go.

If they want me to stack and stick as we go, because they are not there to do it with me then I charge them for that as it takes away my time from sawing.

I usually make my stickers 1"x2"x4' as we usually are edging in 2" drops when cutting softwood. If I'm making 2by stock then I'll edge in 1" drops to make stickers.

Hope that helps.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

cutterboy

Peter, I really enjoyed all the pictures. I love your log of 2x4s. Thanks for sharing, I know it takes time.
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

Peter Drouin

Well I went and cut some logs today. the farmer fed me logs and it went well.

I was eating lunch , I looked up, and some thing moved  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o wheres my gun :o :o :D :D :D :D

wow now I have to get a good look :D :D :D  wheres the boys, I see you :D :D

red deer all over . it was a good day sawing :D :D :D ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Magicman

Looked like much better logs this time.  I did not see any "trick" logs.   ;D

There is an exotic farm a few miles away.  I would love to ride through it and see what all they have.

Delawhere Jack

Never seen any like them, are they a native species? The antlers look more like what you'd see on reindeer in Finland or around there.

Thank You Sponsors!