iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

big bob the goat

Started by redpowerd, April 28, 2004, 09:30:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redpowerd

died this morning.
he got loose early sunday morning and was teamed by coydogs. where were all the border collies?
i ran out with the gun and scared them off. he had lacerations under his groin and some muscle was torn on a foreleg.
gave him 8cc of penicilin and cleaned up his wounds, left him in the hayfeild to heal up. did real well for a couple of days, eating and drinking, getting energy back enough to stand and move around. then yesterday in a small hailstorm he got up and ran for the barn, stumbled and knocked a horn off. think thats what did him in. didnt bleed very much, like what ive heard if they loose a horn. we put him in the barn with the babies. went out this morning to give him his shot and some water, gave one last look at naomi my girlfriend and rolled his eyes and died.  :-/
poor big bob.

top it off, burned the clutch out of the 684 burying him.
tipped the kasco carrage over sideways yesterday >:(
then the track came off the peirs and everything crashed >:(
oh, the dogs were off fighting quill pigs >:(
this week is only HALF over? :o ::)
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

Stan

I've found our wolf pack keeps the 'yotes far, far away. However they eat everything they can get their jaws on, so ain't the thing to have around live stock. They broke into a dog lot being used as a chicken yard, and we didn't even find a feather.
I may have been born on a turnip truck, but I didn't just fall off.

Patty

Sorry to hear about the goat and all your bad luck. :(
Hope things are better for you soon.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

firtol88

The best thing about bad times are that they make the mediocre times seem good...

Hope things start goin better.

As for the wolf pack, take all the pictures you can (for future generations) though they are tryin to come back there aren't many around. :(

There's men who drink Guinness, and there's men who drink what's left when we're done with it.

* Note to Democrats, yes please flee to Canada!

Percy

Bummer about Bob. Sorry to hear that.
I had a goat hangin around the mill a few years back. "Billy" was a girl. That goat would eat anything. Climbed into the back of a van that was looky looin my setup and ate a half a pail of them thingies(cant remeber the name) that you twist two or more  wires together when your wirin a house.  

Last summer I saved a chicken from the dogs and that chicken hung around the mill for months till Phil, the guy who I rent my millsite from came and took her home. I told people she(Henny) was my "watch chicken" ;D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Norm

Sorry to hear about big bob, I've never heard about them having problems if they lose a horn. The coyotes around here have gotten braver and come up into the paddock area on occassion.

We had a chicken a few years ago that hurt it's foot and lost it. People would come over and see this one foot chicken and ask what happened. I'd tell them that I love drumsticks but I also love eggs. :D

redpowerd

:D
today should be better, got the dry cows out to pasture, time to just sit in the steiger and think, and try not to catch any rocks. ;D
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

Linda

Poor Bob! :(  Poor Redpowerd! :(  Two goats lost in such a short time.  How terrible. :'(  Not to mention the rest of your day.  

Just recently, I heard that if a goat has a horn removed when it is too far developed, it will expose the sinus cavity, which apparently is a death sentence.

You know Wednesday was a bad day here, too.  Not nearly as bad as yours though.  We were supposed to take our old FORD to the local fix it shop for a new starter.  Well, to get it started Al had to push it with the skid loader while I "popped the clutch."  No problem, It started right off.  Except for one thing, it doesn't like to stay running. ::)  So, of course it died while Al was putting the skid loader away.  The 2nd try didn't go so well, I ended up flooding it (I thought all old beasts needed to be pumped). :-[  We tried to pop start it for 45 min. before giving up.  Tried again at closing time.  No go,  so Al pushed me to the fix it shop with the skid loader for the next 45 min. :-/  Nice leisurly drive. :D

I got to ride home in a car.   Al...... well lets just say he wasn't as fortunate. ;D  He made a record 40 min drive on the way home! ;)  Ain't he a great sport!? :-*

Linda  :)
Wood-Mizer 2012 LT50HDE25

redpowerd

:D :D :D :Dlinda
thanks for lightenin the heart
the mill flipped
no damage
the two hundred acres,
three rocks :o
the mill is goin into the garage, cant wait to hear the end of that. (why do you need to fix sumpin that aint destroried by you allready?)

ha ha

good question
//fiascofarm.com
these guys know goats. sigh, why goats?, hope thats a link
good page for knowin goats

can u beleive im in my tractor?
technoligy!!!!
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

redpowerd

NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

Norm

You got a computer in the tractor!! geez I just got am-fm in mine and I thought I was uptown. Uhh red your kind of dispelling the poor farmer myth, must be the new milk prices. :D

Linda your story reminds me of a late friend telling about his wife towing him to town. He had an old jd A, she had never towed anything before so when they got to the highway she stepped up the speed. He was telling about having a death grip on the wheel and pushing on the brakes so hard it hurt his leg. Every once and a while he'd wave frantically at her. His young kids riding in the back seat would wave back. When they finally got to town her comment was "I wondered why it towed so hard"  :D

Thank You Sponsors!