iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Is this poison ivy?

Started by Brad_bb, April 21, 2015, 09:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

I had an ERC log this morning that had a few PI vines.  Notice the hairy "roots" that attach the vine to the tree.

I sawed the log and let the vines go with the slab.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

4x4American

You can't cook your ivy and have it too!   :D

The hottest water you can stand will make any ivy itch almost feel worth it. 
Boy, back in my day..

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: Magicman on April 24, 2015, 04:49:02 PM
I had an ERC log this morning that had a few PI vines.  Notice the hairy "roots" that attach the vine to the tree.

I sawed the log and let the vines go with the slab.   ;D

Note the long side branches on the vines. Virginia creeper has much shorter side branches. Also the buds on poison ivy are pointed and those on Virginia creeper are blunt. ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

sandhills

You folks must raise your poison ivy on steroids, ours doesn't get much over a foot tall but still makes you itch just as bad  :-\.

Magicman

Want me to send you some firewood sized sticks?
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!