iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I'm so cheap...

Started by Jeff, January 03, 2019, 03:33:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I've noticed that with my weasel encounters. They have no regard for my presence what so ever. What ever mission they were on, they never strayed because I was there. We caught one in a mnnow trap that was stowed in the shed one time. I'll go see if I can find that video.  I can remember the very first time I saw an Ermine. I was hunting on the north side of thew back field, positioned in a brush pile of alder that we had piled there from expanding the field. It was rifle season, so late november, but we had no snow.  All of the sudden I noticed a piece of white tissue tumbling and blowing erratically in the distance towards me through the woods. As it got closer I noted there was no wind, what the??   Then I saw it was alive. It ran right up to me and across my foot and started flitting around in the brush pile, obviously hunting. This became one of the indelible memories I keep from my times in the woods. Never saw a deer that day, but would not have traded the experience and the moment for ten.

Another Weasel Encounter - YouTube

The Weasel - YouTube

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WV Sawmiller

Neat picture. Did the weasel get in that minnow trap by mistake or did you leave some bit in there intentionally to catch him? Maybe he just smelled old minnow smells or such. I did not realize they could get into a spot that small.

I know they are supposed to be bloodthirsty little animals but that sure is a pretty little critter.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Jeff

Its a video.  He did it all on his own. I went in the shed for something and heard the commotion on a shelf.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Chuck White

I had a minnow trap like that and I used to keep it on a nail in the garage, one day I went in and I heard a noise and come to find out, I had a chipmunk in the trap.

After that episode, I stored the minnow trap disassembled!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

olcowhand

I swear, Gents.
Some of these posts are so entertaining, it's "Must Read". I've had quite a few interesting encounters similar to the ones related here, but I'd rather enjoy the ride.....
Jeff,
If there was such a thing (maybe there is one, and I don't know it because I would not give the NYT the time of day, let alone a gram of the stuff that falls behind my horse) as a "New York Times Best Internet Sellers List", this forum would be number one for about 700 weeks running!
Another Great Post!
Steve
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

terrifictimbersllc

You could use part of them to make molasses!  :D

p.s. they do have a reputation for being very slow in january  :) :)
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

GAB

Not cheap merely thrifty.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

petefrom bearswamp

Those little buggers, weasels, not moles, can be very entertaining.
Saw one run down a cottontail in snow about 10" deep a few years ago.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

WDH

There are weasels down here, but they are the two legged kind :)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

petefrom bearswamp

Them's the worst ones Danny
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

SwampDonkey

There is a weasel here today. He's eating on some turkey scraps from dinner today. No we didn't eat one of the wild ones roaming around here. :D Hard to get a picture of an animal that moves quicker than the camera can focus for a shot. :D :D

There are some squirrels around here, he can have a few of those to. :D

He was under the car  in the shade. He kept jumping up into the car with his snack. :D

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!