iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Peterson Demo Day ...With A Real Peterson Guy

Started by Burlkraft, April 09, 2007, 09:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

It should be getting dark there by now.  They may still be sawing (or eating ;D).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Gary_C

The job is done. Beautiful day and plenty of redwood sawdust for all. There were some differences of opinion over which color of chainsaw trimmed that red log best as it took a lot of shaving to get it to fit, but we got er done.  Sorry, no internet connection on site and when I left the boys were picking up and they are probably having refreshments now.

Just a pit stop on the road home for me, so more details to follow.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

DanG

Whew!  I was beginnin' ta wonder if there was any survivors! :o
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

beenthere

One thing we didn't have today, was access to the internet and FF. Here is a pic of the remaining crew after the log was completely sawn. What a bunch today, and some DanG good fun, all I can say.  More pics comin. Husband, Burlkraft, and Jeff (with some awesome help of course) had the sawin of a 6' (almost 7') diam log that turned out to be almost 22' long down to a smooth operation. By 6 pm, all done.

Stumpy, beenthere, burlkraft, JeffB, Husband, Corley5, Wyatt, Pasbuild, Johncinquo
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

beenthere

I see Gary_C is busy loading pics so I will only add this one at the moment.

Gonna take a shot at naming the members on da log.
Top (l-r) beenthere, JeffB, Burlkraft, Wyatt, Gary_C, Stumpy.
Bottom (l-r) Pasbuild, Corley5, Raider, Husband, IL Bull brothers.

(If I missed any, pls send me a PM for a correction).  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Gary_C

Here are some photos I took. Looking that log over.

The owner brought this plaque over to see.

Steve making his first cut.

Almost done

Cleanup is under way.

Gary_C

Corley5

Just came in from hydraulic sandwiches  ;) ;D  The Kiwi left us early.  Jet lag and sawing 5,000 bdft today caught up with him ;D  More tomorrow  :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Stump Jumper

looks like an event to remember for sure  8)  ;)
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Husband

Morning guys and gals!
I may have left early but they are asleep still and the sun is a coming up over the hill.
THEY HAVE WASTED HALF A DAY ALREADY! :)
We didnt have fun Chet, was real hard work ALL day. ;)
As Jeff said we only cut about 9 boards at the end of the day, what a tired bunch.
Well battries getting flat so much sign out beforeI Loose this lot..need to go get a adaptor today.
Photos galore to come. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Jeff

I thought I would post a couple photos before the other guys recover from yesterday's events and we hit the road for home. It certainly was a day to remember! 

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

Chris walking the redwood after helping cut the end off thr log. We bopped 2 foot off each in order to get the log inside the mill. The ATS is designed to saw 4 foot in diameter and 20 foot log.  Turns out this log was 6' 10" and 21.5 foot long!!

beenthere

THE 9 boards sawn Sat.

Bring on the shootout......
south central Wisconsin

beenthere

Loaded up the Michigan crew, and sent them on their way this am.
How'd dat happen? Corley5, Jeff, Husband, Stumpy, Pasbuild

You guys are good ta go. Next load.
Corely5, Husband, JeffB, Burlkraft
south central Wisconsin

beenthere

Next was Stumpy's load, after some conferencing between Burlkraft, JeffB, and Husband

Burlkraft saying "Yes dear, Stumpy is takin the one ya wanted"  :D :D

south central Wisconsin

Radar67

Did anybody get any closeups of the tight grain?

Stew
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Tom

metalspinner

QuoteWho got the "end cuts"?

I have a large cookie that I use with the boy scouts.  Lots of pushpins on birthdays and such.  I am sure somebody like that would love to have a 3"-4" cookie from that log to study. :)
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Jeff

The end cuts were pretty fractured but I brought home quite a few. No cookies were possible do to the checking and cracking. I'll have photos and videos.

Corley5

Corley5

Corley5

Corley5

Jeff

Here is the first Video Clip.  This is Where Chris gets his first look at the log on Friday as we "size it up"  :)

https://youtu.be/DB1zCP1sNe0

beenthere

Good video Jeff. Captured the very beginning of da adventure.....good thing Chris hung around fer da next day.   :) ;D

Members there on Sat included: (let me know if I missed anyone, or made a mistake, pls)
JeffB
Husband
Burlkraft
Corley5
Pasbuild
Stumpy
beenthere
Gary_C
Johncinquo
Wyatt
Fred
Raider
Trapper
Sharp edge
IL Bull and brother
trees_rock
south central Wisconsin

Thank You Sponsors!