iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Journey Begins........

Started by Burlkraft, November 29, 2005, 10:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burlkraft

Well, I'm 2 weeks out of my knee rebuild job and I got rid of my crutches today.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)I have one very large incision right down my knee cap, a medium sized incision on the outside of my knee but higher toward my thigh. Then I have 2 scope holes on the inside of the knee, one high and one low. I started walking a couple of hours out of surgery and then to therapy 5 days after that!! My therapist seems nice enough, but get her in the therapy room and she turns into the devil. I have not felt pain like that since the ladder and my leg hit the ground. I am making great progress....so she tells me. I will be riding a stationary bike by next week for sure. Not that I'm pushing or anything, but maybe I can get some logging done yet this winter. Once again Jill thinks that I am nuts and she worries about me "doing something stupid again and having the surgery all over again." I have been in the shop doing some turning for Christmas gifts. Spent some time at the mall today shopping for Jill under the guise of mall walking because I might slip on the new snow outside. I haven't been to the mall since last year at this time. They remodeled the place and the stores all switched places. It was almost as bad as going to the grocery store. Between the 2 times a year that I do go they switch the palce around and I wander the store like I am lost.......probablly because I am. I can find my way out of the woods at night, but try to find the place that sells the soap and lotion she has on her list and I'm gone all day. I keep looking in Victoria's store for what is on the list, but nothing on the list is in there.
I have been thinking about my mill purchase a lot these days. I think I'm leaning toward a Peterson ATM with a slabbing attachment. That might change tomorrow, but as of right now that's the direction.
I missed deer season, but from what I heard I didn't miss much as CWD eradication seems to have worked pretty good. :-\ :'( :-\ :'( smiley_antlers

Steve
Why not just 1 pain free day?

beenthere

Sounds like your op. was successful and you have a good plan to get back at it again. That is good.   Glad to hear it.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

CHARLIE

That sounds like some serious surgery you had.  Ain't it great that some people choose to learn how to fix knees and other stuff like that.  I know that therapy is painful but very necessary.

What are you turning for Christmas gifts?  I'm turning brooches and tea candle holders.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Burlkraft

Hi Charlie,

I have been turning large maple bowls, like fruit bowls. There is a lady in Madison that I know who does gift baskets and flowers. I have her load the bowls with the stuff she puts in her baskets and I give them away. I used to just give her baskets, but these bowls have been going over pretty good.

The last batch of logs that I had sawed had a bunch of spalted cut offs and slabs. They make great bowls. Most have lots of spalting and some super spalted spots that end up as voids by the time I'm done turning them.

Steve

Fla._Deadheader

Pictures, Pictures, we NEED pictures.  ;) ;D :D :D :D

Good to hear that the operation was successful. Can't imagine the pain involved. Good luck on the healing, but, BE CAREFUL. My B-I-L had 2 micro surgeries on one knee, from jumping out of boats he works on. NOW, he's down to very little cartilage and a replacement next time it gets bad  :o :o
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

beenthere

I'm with FDH, and pics of your lathe setup (haven't seen Charlie's either  :) ) would be great.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Burlkraft

I'll try the picture thing again. I have tried and tried and tried and I still can't get it to work. Some of us are dumber than the rest I guess. :D :D :D

Fla._Deadheader

Go to "Behind the Forum". DanG made a great posy about posting pics.  ;)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

WeeksvilleWoodWorx

Ya got to watch gang and those posy's though :D
Brian - 2004 LT40HDG28 owner.

Thank You Sponsors!