iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

DanG turkeys anyway

Started by Fraxinus, April 15, 2005, 10:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fraxinus

My brother has a beautifully built shed for his planer with room for stuck lumber to dry.  He built all his own trusses for this 30x40 building and the bottom of the truss (there's probably a better term for this part of the truss)  is not spliced.  It is a solid 2x. 
The turkeys in the area occasionally think it's a good idea to roost up in the trusses.  Of course they like the spot right over the planer, which is whitewashed. >:( >:(  He put a couple of boards across the trusses so that if they do roost there, at least it won't be over the planer.
He also found some owl pellets so there must be one of them there sometimes, too.
Grandchildren, Bluegrass music, old tractors, trees and sawmills.  It don't get no better'n that!

DanG

Don't reckon it occurred to him to put a door on it, eh?
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Fraxinus

To have a door, you gotta have walls, donchya? :D
Grandchildren, Bluegrass music, old tractors, trees and sawmills.  It don't get no better'n that!

Jeff

This thread just saved me a lot of money. Now I know I can just pretend to have a roof and I'll have myself a brand spanking new garage. ;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Fraxinus

etat

Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Part_Timer

I guess the tarp over my mill qualifies as a saw shed then.  What luck I don't have to worry about that pesky building code thing now ;D
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

asy

Quote from: Fraxinus on April 15, 2005, 11:20:30 PM

Well...  Technically, no.

You CAN have a door without walls.

Of course you didn't ask whether it would do any good...

:D

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Fraxinus

Quote from: Part_Timer on April 15, 2005, 11:28:07 PM
I guess the tarp over my mill qualifies as a saw shed then.  What luck I don't have to worry about that pesky building code thing now ;D
I hope you are showing the proper respect to that Maine state flag. ;) :o

shopteacher

Well my solution would be roast turkey and gravey? What's the problem?  Just sighted in my new Ruger 17 caliber with 6X18 variable  and bet it will do right by the best of them turkeys.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Cedarman

Can you have windows without walls?

From past posts I know that some forum members are experts at smoking game. Smoked turkey is good.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Texas Ranger

I know, it's and old joke, but:  How do you keep the game lit?
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Part_Timer

fraxinus

none of my neighbors would care if I used a Maine state flag.  We live in Indiana :o
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

wiam

In VT it is a big game offense to take turkeys out of season. >:(  $1000 fine. >:(

Will

etat

I'm a thinkin if them turkeys was a roostin in my shed on my property I'd just have to reclassify them as 'domestic' instead of 'game' and have me a turkey and dressing dinner! ;D
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Rockn H

Quote from: Fraxinus on April 15, 2005, 11:20:30 PM

No, no you don't. ;D  About an hour drive from here there's a shop.  For about 2 years now it's just a roof and 2 roll up doors.  They built a pipe frame and put the roof and doors on.  Drives me crazy. ;D  He parks his tractor and boat under the roof, drives'em in from the end with the doors on the side. :D :D

Thank You Sponsors!