iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My first job

Started by ArnoldFarms, October 24, 2013, 08:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArnoldFarms

Well I did my first job today.  Tree cookies!!!!!  50 of them @ $10 a piece, not a bad start.  I think my wife likes it more than I do lol.  Loving the lt40.  I did hit the carriage pin(the pin that holds the blade while traveling).  So I changed the blade and moved on.  Of course it had to happen while a customer was watching. Lol. That's the only thing that went wrong today. Here's a few pics.   

Faith, Family, Job

Magicman

Congrats on an understanding wife.....Oh and the sawing also.  Just so that you will know, the cookies will check.  It is nothing that you did or could do, but just the way it is.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

What are the cookies going to be used for?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ArnoldFarms

Center pieces.  I cut the 1.5" think so hopefully the break completely in half.
Faith, Family, Job

mmartone

Dang, for that price I'd saw cookies all day.
Remember, I only know what you guys teach me. Lt40 Manual 22hp KAwaSaki, Husky3120 60", 56" Panther CSM, 372xp, 345xp, Stihl 041, 031, blue homelite, poulans, 340

Magicman

And to think that Poston thought that he was the Cookie King.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Nomad

Quote from: mmartone on October 24, 2013, 08:35:27 PM
Dang, for that price I'd saw cookies all day.

Yeah.  Me Too.  Poston, move over!!! ;D
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

drobertson

For what it's worth, if you let them dry slow in a cool place, maybe a basement, watcht them close, after maybe two weeks or so, spray some poly (clear) on one side only,  then a few weeks spray a light coat on the other side,  this is what I did, and after two years still holding,

this was in 12/2011, just took the pic, it needs some more coating,  glad I read your post, and happy for you and your wife, it is allot of fun!    david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Deese

Quote from: drobertson on October 24, 2013, 09:02:34 PM
For what it's worth, if you let them dry slow in a cool place, maybe a basement, watcht them close, after maybe two weeks or so, spray some poly (clear) on one side only,  then a few weeks spray a light coat on the other side,  this is what I did, and after two years still holding,

this was in 12/2011, just took the pic, it needs some more coating,  glad I read your post, and happy for you and your wife, it is allot of fun!    david
Really Cool :o. I think I will try this on some old declining trees that my great grandmother planted
2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

Peter Drouin

Nice, I like the John Deere ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Thank You Sponsors!