iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawhead for barko 1080c

Started by dirthawger, September 21, 2018, 10:04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirthawger

I was wondering if you guys ever heard of the barko 1080c. Im looking for a sawhead for it but not sure what would fit. Ive seen pictures of guys using timbco barsaws. Didn't know if just any timbco sawhead would fit or if it needs to be a specific model.  How difficult would it be to install?

mike_belben

Do you own a 1080 already or looking at getting one?
Praise The Lord

dirthawger

barbender

I've seen them set up with a bar saw head. I think they were Timbco units. I don't know when or where I saw thm though🙄
Too many irons in the fire

backwoodsdave

What's on it now ? I was at a Barko dealer for about twelve yrs or so and never saw one but they may have not been very popular here in the south, I would be willing to bet that any head you find is going to need some fabrication to fit unless it came off of a barko or bobcat,  I have access to the online factory parts and service manuals and they don't list a 1080c so I'm assuming it's a bobcat 1080c built to barko specs, if you can supply the barko serial number I can forward it to barko and they may can supply the line sheet on it and tell you what originally came on it maybe.

barbender

I think they started out as a Bobcat machine, and then they were sold to Barko.

Skeans1

If I had to bet it'd be the 18" Timbco , next was the 24" and 33" for the largest.

Riwaka

How long ago did timbco make those?
Ryans DS20 on Bobcat T870 (1500lbs does not say what components). Also look up the Bell equipment Dangle saw heads and weight    (the T870 is 13K lbs and gets light with a tree)
Ryan's Equipment DS20 - YouTube

dirthawger

It came with just a sheer head and i don't think they ever made a sawhead for it, people have just put those timbco bar saws on it. I love those ryan dangle saws, but not at $35k

barbender

The Ryan's saws are way overpriced, IMO.

Firewoodjoe

Take the knifes off your shear and put a bar saw on. Done! 😂

mike_belben

Do you run tracks over your tires?  How bad does the thing sink in the woods?  weighs about 13?  4BT powered?
Praise The Lord

Riwaka

The small Denis/ Hultdins directional felling heads were around 30 years ago. If a 30 year old head was found, what might need to be replaced or overhauled and at what cost? The used bell complete with head is less than half the cost of the ryan head. Use the Barko to stand the Bell up again when it tips over cutting trees.

Fethos make a small head.
F-560 1100lbs
Fethos Forestry Machinery - F-560 Directionnal Felling Head

mike_belben

Id bet a bell is way more stable than a skid steer in the rough.  
Praise The Lord

Gary_C

Years ago I looked at a Bobcat 1080C that had a 4 foot stroker head with a side swivel but it had been extensively modified with lead weights in the swing open back cover among other things. I liked the 1080C but not for a cutting machine. I think the stroker head was attached to the loading arms and also had a large loader bucket attachment.

The area where he cut was in dead flat land in central Wisconsin and he admitted having tipping problems even on flat land. 

I walked away and never look back.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Thank You Sponsors!