iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rio de Janeiro wins the 2016 Olympics

Started by DouginUtah, October 02, 2009, 03:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DouginUtah

-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

DanG

Chicago politics don't play too well in Copenhagen, do they? :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

fishpharmer

This could get ugly. :(

Look on the bright side, its in the "Americas" ;D
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Tom

I'll bet our member, Fabiola, in Brazil is a happy girl.

Brucer

Quote from: Tom on October 02, 2009, 06:59:44 PM
I'll bet our member, Fabiola, in Brazil is a happy girl.

Why would she be happy that her country was going to lose a lot of money ???.

;)
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Don_Papenburg

All of us in downstate Illinois dodged a BIG tax bullet. The way that Chicago throws money away on silly projects and graft .  Now we can concentrate on getting the wastful fools out of Springfield.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Don_Papenburg

I have heard that the olimpic comitte does not want to use old instalations Like the fine places that Chicago has .  Soldier field ,Comisky park , McCormic place ,etc. They wanted all new venues .  Daly was pushing for temporary buildings that would be scrapped after the fiascal was over.     I also heard that Rio has no such facilities so they will have to build all new . 
Has Atlanta paid off its Olimpic debt yet?
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Cedarman

I think Obama knew that by going over it would kill the deal for Chicago.  It made him look like he was going all out for Chicago, but he knew that Chicago would be in the news for a long time if they won.  His rhetoric, although sounding good, doomed the deal. He does not want that scrutiny on his buddies in the Windy City.

Lucky you folks in Illinois.  Probably us too the way the Olympics lose money.

I think I might like the beach shots in Rio.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Norm

Is beach volleyball an olympic sport yet.... ;D

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Gary_C

Those volleyball types are skinny bean poles. Now if they could just get beach watching introduced as a sport.  ::) ::)
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Tombstone

They can have it and the foolish cost that comes with it :o
1976 Clark 666B Cable Skidder,Huskie 372, Old Johnny Red Saw, Old Chevy Ton Truck,1972 Massey 20 Tractor, Cutting keeps me sane!

Slabs

I tend to believe that Rio was "AWARDED" the games instead of "won" them.

THINK MORE!
Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

DouginUtah

QuoteIt's a great day for America!  8)  ;)

Apparently a large percentage of the forum members believe in the old adage "Early to bed and early to rise..."

Since no one commented on this quote, I'm going to have to 'splain. My original post actually had three levels to it. The first two have been mentioned by replies, the third hasn't. It just didn't draw any "late nighters" out.  :D

I'm sure there will be some who vehemently disagree but I think the only clever, funny guy on network TV is Craig Ferguson of the Late, Late Show. He comes on after Letterman in this time zone (11:37). Ya, he may be a little too raunchy (it is late late night) for some but I find him to be very funny. (I still chuckle over his orange chicken/corn dog joke). I just hope he replaces Letterman if when he gets canned.

His tag line is "It's a great day for America!"

-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

Thank You Sponsors!