iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Where'd everybody go?

Started by Tom, July 19, 2001, 07:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

I haven't seen this place this quiet in a lo-o-ng time.  The past 2 or 3 days has gotten pretty lonely.  Everybody on vacation or just makin' a buck? :)

Jeff

Stir em up Tom! I may be a little bit thin on here for a while. We are getting our server, 2 in fact!! Between moving all of the websites I take care of, the tree of hope project, and the sawmill, the next month is going be a killer. I estimate almost 250 to 300 hours of programming and rescripting to move the 17 sites I now take care of.

The Forestry forum is getting its own server. If it looks like it will have resources to spare, it will then share it with other forestry related sites. (Like timberbuyer.net of course) If I have a question on that, they will simply live on the other server I will have.

As for now, I am going to the cabin tomorrow for the weekend. no kids, no wife, no dogs, no computers. going up there to get old. I plan on hiking back to the neighbors lake and fishing as my hair turns gray, then hiking back out before the onset of dementia. This birthday is the f word. (KEVIN!! THIS MEANS 40 NOT SOMETHING ELSE! AND IF YOU HEAR SOMEBODY HOWLING TO THE SOUTHEAST ITS NOT ME!)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Kevin

Jeff;
You can howl till your hearts content but I won`t hear ya.
I`m heading up the tracks to dance with  wolves and munch on some pickerel.

Tom

Happy Birthday Jeff,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEFF.........

I hope you find as I have that there really isn't a bad birthday.  Did you know that life gets more fun every year.  I just thought I was having fun when I was 20.

The biggest problem I have now is finding youngsters that will keep up with me.  You will too. They all want to go in the backyard and have a party.  I want to go to the woods and wrestle bears and race panthers and holler back at the gators.  There's fish out there that will make you wonder who caught who. :D

I've got trails behind the house that I walk and the scenery changes every 2-3 days. I've got 80 year olds that let me eat lunch with them and I'll be darned if they don't get smarter every year.  I hope some of it rubs off on me.

One of them ask me "do you know how you can tell your having a good day"?  "It's when you wake up in the morning and put two feet on the floor, it's great to be alive.

I wish I was in your neck of the woods, because I would get a pole and we would see who could catch the biggest fish.

I envy your fishing trip.....I have to go spec a job saturday and Gael tells me I am going to be working in the Yard Sunday.
 :-/ :-/

Think about me while your wetting your line. :)

timberbeast

Happy Birthday,  Jeff!!!!!!!!  Native brookies?  MMMMM......Just do whay my ol pal does....bring a frying pan,  butter,  salt and a six pack.  ENJOY!!!!!!!
Where the heck is my axe???

Jeff

The Lake I will be fishing on is a 400 acre lake that is controled by 4 property owners. There are no roads houses or camps on the lake. The fellow that is letting me in (A woodmizer guy no less) is going to break a trail with his argo 8 wheeler. The lake has not been fished for several years. Lou, maintains a small hatchery on the stream feeding the lake, the stream first feeds two large ponds where his house sits (Built with cedar from his land,sawn by him on the Woodmizer) He hatches walleye, and then releases them to go make their home on the lake. I don't know what I will find back there all I know is his invitation the last time up was...

Do you want to go on an adventure?

Tom

Man, you've gotta take pictures of this.

Jeff

Tom

Tom

Never mind....I found one.

Wow, this looks like fun.

They have some with tracks too.

I could really get lost with one of these. :D

Don't even need a boat, just drive out into the water, fish, and drive home.  Now that's class.

CHARLIE

Well...I'm jealous :-/  Sheesh, you get to go fishing on a virgin lake that has been continually stocked with walleye?  Man oh man.  I can just picture you coming in for lunch with a nice fat walleye, starting up a campfire and frying that fish right then and there. Oh boy. What fun you're gonna have.   8)

Like I told you though....40 ain't nothing. You won't be able to tell the difference from 39. Remember when you went from 29 to 30? Probably not, but nothing bad happened. But.....that changes when you hit 50, so enjoy these next 10 years.  ;D

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY on the 21st!!!!  Party on dude!!!  8) 8) 8)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Tom

Well,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you too little brother.
maybe you can take your "Ugly boat" out this weekend and chase down that last Walleye out of that overfished lake that has the big city on one side and the steel mill on the other.

How's it feel to be catching up with me?  :D

Jeff

Thanks For The BDAY wish guys, and happy Birthday Charlie!  I am outa here and headin North!

RavioliKid

Jeff, ol' pal!

Happy birthday! You won't get this until you return to regale us with tales of "the one that got away", but these wishes don't have an expiration date!

8) 8) 8)

Happy birthday!

Kim
RavioliKid

Jeff

I'm Back! Here's a picture of me with the only thing I could find older then I am.( Not realy but its an excuse to show a picture of a great Northern white cedar)

Tom

Is that you behind that tree Jeff?  My, you are ageing well.  :D

Jeff

Yes that's my head. Not my trunk.

Stacy said "Dad, everbody tells me you look good for your age." She then made me a birthday card that explained that she had been telling everybody I am 50.

CHARLIE

Stacy's right! You do look pretty good for 50.:D I'm ready for some fishing stories! They don't even have to be true! Just believable....well at least sorta believable. Most of my fishing stories are out and out lies, but Tom's are always the honest truth.;D

I spent most of my birthday at my woodturning club meeting where we learned to make some turning tools. We took some tool steel, and with a sidegrinder cut and ground the tip to shape, then hardened 2" of the tip with a Mapp gas torch, polished it back to bright metal and then tempered it with the torch at a lower heat. Then we had a BBQ. It was a sweltering hot day but I learned a lot. I'll make the handles for my tools later. Then Saturday night I took my sweetwife to a fine restaurant and I had a 16 oz Black Angus steak. I couldn't finish it.

So, That was my B-day. Now I want some details of yours. All day Saturday I was thinking about you fishing on that pristine lake that was full of walleye that had no idea what a hook was. Tell us some fishing and camping stories!:o :o :o :o
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Jeff

Patience grasshopper, sometimes the journey is the ultimate story, not the destination.

This journey is still being reflected upon, and the story will be told. (Pictures will be on a pay-per-view fishing site) :D

Jeff

Here Charlie, this one will have to do for now. This is a picture of Tammy's 32 inch northern she caught last weekend on a lake near here. As you can see, she is very excited, and is giving it a hug. I am busy removing all of the line from her reel so she could not catch any more.

This was the biggest fish Tammy had ever caught, It was a real tail walker. She did good, no help other than the 1 phrase muttered 50 times.

Keep your rod tip up!

CHARLIE

That's a nice looking Northern! I bet she was tickled to death. Who got to clean it? ;D  I like Northern as much as I like Walleye. They are a bit on the slimy side when cleaning but if you "zip" out the 'Y' bones Northern make for some fine eating. Maybe you didn't clean it....maybe that fish is now mounted and displayed over the mantle.:)
Saltwater fish is the best though. I hope you can get down to Jacksonville and go fishing with Tom. Don't let him take you out to his mill though. ::)
Charlie

Tom

Our new buddy Marc was having trouble with the pictures so I offered to put them on the site.  

------------------
-tom you wanted to see what an argo was, Here is mine after leaving it
out one night up here in Canada, it has all the goodes to go with it
tracks, plow, winch and cover. I pull all my logs out of the wood with
it.

Gordon

I'm right here!---Just been working and having some outside fun.

Jeff that sure is a nice looking hat you have there. Hay did I ever tell you about the blonde learning how to ride a horse. :D :D :D Does your arm still hurt?

Good luck in the next month with all the irons you've got in the fire.

Last but not least---------HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEFF------shame I don't have an old decrepit smiley. he he he

Gordon

Thank You Sponsors!