iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bolt-on loader attachment for skidder

Started by pdxh20, June 29, 2018, 05:36:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdxh20

I promised pix of my home-brew loader attachment for my IH-S8 skidder awhile back, and here they are:

Here's the bucket in the up/travel position. It's powered by an electric winch run
through heavy cables back to a Warn quick disconnect at the battery. One cautionary
note: with the bucket that far beyond the front tire, and a full load in the bucket
going downhill you can tip forward :o. Fortunately most of my gravel placement is
heading uphill on my roads from the pile...

Here it is in the dump position, or for scooping up gravel. Note the pivot point is
at the bottom where those pull-pins are. Unhook the cable and pull the pins to use
the blade, or pull the two bolts at the top (just below the winch) to remove the whole
rig. I'm also fabbing up a forklift backplate & 5' forks I have that can replace the
bucket at the pull pin pivots. I originally made this setup for my old 2010 JD dozer/backhoe
(now that was a handy machine) that died when a $1.25 o-ring blew deep inside the
trans that would have meant taking the whole thing apart. Sold it as-is to a collector for
almost what I'd paid for it 15 years earlier.

Using the skidder to pull some big firs on a steep bank blocking my view of the Columbia
river & snow-capped mountains this weekend. Rather have 'em land where I want them
than go down on the road & power lines below... 8)
'56 American crawler crane, Komatsu mini-ex, multiple Stihl saws, '75 IH S-8 cable skidder, 2000 F450 30' bucket truck, '95 Chev 4 x 4 2500 p/u, '05 Sprinter SHC 2500 van

teakwood

National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

thecfarm

Pick up a big log to hold you down on all fours.  ;D
A good idea.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Gary Davis

and I thought I was doing good just to chain a bucket to my blade but you just gave me another project to do thanks a lot :D :D :D :D  

woodmaker

That's a pretty neat idea.It looks like your skidder was once set up for a root rake.
franklin q80,builtrite 40,husky 372,sachs dolmar 123, dozers,excavators,loaders,tri-axle dump trucks ,autocar tractor with dump,flatbed and detachable trailers, and 8  f350 diesels

pdxh20

Yup, I couldn't believe that the old brush rake attachment points on the blade lined up perfectly with my old loader bucket set-up, I couldn't have done that if I tried ! BTW I can also foresee an occasion where having a front mounted winch might not be a bad thing. Especially with my drag slick rubber in the mud pit come fall... :D
'56 American crawler crane, Komatsu mini-ex, multiple Stihl saws, '75 IH S-8 cable skidder, 2000 F450 30' bucket truck, '95 Chev 4 x 4 2500 p/u, '05 Sprinter SHC 2500 van

Thank You Sponsors!