iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

edger alignment

Started by spencerhenry, September 20, 2006, 12:46:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spencerhenry

i just bought an edger, a woodmizer with a 25hp gas engine. used, but only 70hrs. i have one small problem. as the flitches feed through, the rear of the piece pulls to the side opposite the engine. i dont have a manual yet, but i am guessing that the feed rollers are not aligned properly. what it means is that i end up with a board with a crook in it, only about 5/16 in a 10 ft piece, but i need it to be right. can anyone tell me exactly what i need to do.
thanks

Cedarman

Don't know anything about a WM edger, but have used an S&W edger for 14 years.
It must be level.  Each blade must be of the same sharpness, same number of teeth and square to flitch travel.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Gustavo

you must see  too  the rollers tracks

it must be  in a conic from

it must be on level .. 

gustavo from argentina
thanks to the forum for share very value informations.
here i have got good information  and  over all   good friends

Gustavo

the coments  about blades  are very good too

same diameter, same     teeths  ,  same sharp angle

isawlogs

First thing I would do is get the blades sharpened . That in itself just might solve your issue .
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Gustavo

we had buy a new one    edger  and now we are in the same problem

boards move in laterals directions

we are   putting on level the feeder (in feed roller)

spencerhenry

i havent spent alot of time on it, too busy so far. but i think the majority of my problem was feed rollers with sap and sawdust build up. have edged some more lumber, and dont notice the problem as much as before. the amount of lateral movement as the piece feeds, is now so small, that for the product i am producing, it is not a problem.
my edger still has the original blades on it, though not fresh, they are not dull.

Thank You Sponsors!