iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Finally jumped in, head first !!

Started by SawDust_Studios, October 11, 2006, 10:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SawDust_Studios

Well, I've finally done it.  My 2004 LT40G25HD was sold today and I was without a nice kinda shiny orange mill sitting in the saw shed for ALMOST 4 HRS   :o

I'm lucky enough to be only 25 minutes from woodmizer of PA, so after the mill was sold, hands were shook and I had enough time to ask myself once more.  "What have you done?"  I checked my email.   Marty, in his usually timely fashion, emailed and said the mill was ready to be picked up.  A quick call and 30 minutes later, I was up at Woodmizer getting training on my "new to me"  2005 LT40SH with the remote and Cat 51 diesel. 

775 hrs, so the gentleman before me was kind enough to break her in for me.  Now, looking forward to some serious sawing.    8)  Now, to make enough $$ to buy that log trailer  ;)

Dave
Making Sawdust on a Woodmizer LT40SHD CAT 51 /WM Twin Blade Edger and WM DH Kiln

Dan_Shade

I kinda know the feeling, Dave!  good luck with your new mill, i'm sure it will treat you fine.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

SawDust_Studios

Making Sawdust on a Woodmizer LT40SHD CAT 51 /WM Twin Blade Edger and WM DH Kiln

sawguy21

Cat diesel  8). You are really going uptown.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Bibbyman

Does CATs sure do purr nice, don't they?  :)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Chris Burchfield

Congradulations. Like Bibby says, "they sure do pur nice" but a walnut knot and agressive eating speed will bring the blade to a halt. Thing is that Cat will keep ginning. Don't take long to smoke the tri-belt. I've also enjoyed the remote with the command control. I didn't want to have to think. I just wanted to tell Glenda what boards to make and she does it.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

SawDust_Studios

You gotta love the sound of a diesel motor.  My dad looked at me and laughed since the motor on the mill is about 20hp bigger than the diesel tractor I use to move logs. 

Its a bit of a learning curve going to the remote.  A different perspective from way back there.  Cutting mostly 8 and 10' logs spoiled me. Only time I was at that end of the mill before was hooking her up to the truck.  ;)

I think I'm going to love the accuset, just need to figure out a little more on how best to use it.  My biggest problem is I need to stop walking into the remote everytime I flip the fwd lever  :)

All my old blades went with the mill, so I went with 55 - 9's from woodmizer to get me started.

Thank You Sponsors!