iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What Iron Do You Run?

Started by Oldtimer, August 09, 2004, 01:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldtimer

Is the Timbco a clambunk or a regular arched grapple like a skidder? 8 wheeled? I could never use such a beast here. I know that up in Maine a few guys use them. I have also seen a Timbco that cut it's own load for the clam on back...that seems like the way to go if you have the money and room....

Just seen an ad for a "Keto" 804PHD five knife delimbing processor head built to take a "steady diet of 30" wood"...needs a minimum of a 25 (US) ton carrier, and preferably a 30 ton. All I can say is...if I could afford these things...I wouldn't need to log would I? :D ;D 8)
My favorite things are 2 stroke powered....

My husky 372 and my '04 F-7 EFI....

Dom

QuoteJust seen an ad for a "Keto" 804PHD five knife delimbing processor head built to take a "steady diet of 30" wood"...needs a minimum of a 25 (US) ton carrier, and preferably a 30 ton. All I can say is...if I could afford these things...I wouldn't need to log would I? :D ;D 8)

Check out the logmax 12000. http://www.logmax.com/main.htm Its manufactured by Rocan in NB Canada. Let me tell you, they are big, over 8ft tall! I had pics of it cutting 42 inch trees with ease. The feed wheels are incredibly strong as well. I'll keep you guys upgraded on the process of the L12000. :)

Oldtimer

What size carrier would this monster take? 40 ton? 300 HP engine? Holy smokes! Be hard to go "eco-logging" with that combo!

Dom

QuoteWhat size carrier would this monster take? 40 ton? 300 HP engine? Holy smokes! Be hard to go "eco-logging" with that combo!

This is the carrier JD Irving uses. http://www.cat.com/cda/layout?m=37840&x=7 Its OK for the type of harvesting in the Maritimes as we do not have many big trees, however; its not the ideal choice IMO. Apparantly the rear part of the tracks will lift off the ground with the boom at full extension!  :o We also installed a L12000 on a John Deere, but I forgot which model it was.  In BC, they use a much bigger carrier, I'll try to find the specs on it.

EDIT:

In the West they use MaDill 2250B. http://www.madillequipment.com/bunchers.html#t2200

I beleive its based on the 2200B. I have pics, but have trouble posting them.  :-[

tiny3

hi guys
the timbco had a arch grapple set up like a normal skidder we can change it to a clambunk set up or a forwarder when we have to,and yes its 8 wheel drine,we also have 2 30in rosin processing heads on 32 ton carriers and a 25in head on a timbco t445 c,we are also looking at a logmax 12000 in the future.i hope this helps
tiny :)
artest formely known as tiny

Oldtimer

Thanks for replying Tiny. Thats some serious iron you use there!! Love to see some pics!!!!

Can I offer a tip? Artist has no "E" in it, at least here in the states.  ;D

timberjack_teen

I run a 04 timberjack 1110 d.... started in a fabtek 346b 4 years ago... Run it for 3 years and this summer got the new jack. I run behind a 03 1270d... AND BOY  the jack is FAST compared to the ole fabtek
Anything but PONSEE!

Oldtimer

I believe I know you. Do the letters "HCS" mean anything to you? ::)

timberjack_teen

:D... oldy, i know ya... Yes, i'm a very proud member of Hardcoresledders. I'm ZRman_31... nice to see someone actually reads my posts
Anything but PONSEE!

timberjack240

oldtimer
im still in school but durin the summer i runa 240 E timberjack in my opinion the jacks r the best. around here where i live john deeres are expensive to repair. the old jacks are cheap to fix and and easy to. the one i run has a screamin demand Detroit 4-53 in it it works great

muledriver

60% farm tractors used for skiddin wood? sounds like a slow way to make a living. There must not be many ctl operation in that area.

isawlogs

Heres a picture of my 540C cable skidder .... Have her tied to a pine that was leaning toward the fence on the back 40 of our bush lot ...
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!