iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl 034 bar oil issue

Started by Local4Fitter, January 12, 2014, 02:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZeroJunk

Yes it should come out where you think. That other deal is the tank vent.

Local4Fitter

I hooked the filter inside the tank but the tube isn't long enough to allow the filter to come out of the tank to clean it off. Didn't seem right. I'm thinking how the hell did they get the filter on there.
1974 John Deere 510, Wood fired pizza oven,2005 Dodge/Cummins,Firearms for all occasions.

ZeroJunk

I don't remember, is it small enough in diameter to come out the pump side of the tank with the line ? About has to if you can't get to it.

I just looked at them on eBay. I think it will come out the pump side.

Al_Smith

I think it goes on a nipple in the tank .You can snatch them off and on with a set of long hemostates but it's a royal pain in the a ---er rear end< under the radar ,HA Ha Ha . :D

Local4Fitter

I think tomorrow I will pull the pump off again and try to push some air through (with a bicycle pump) from the pump side through the pickup tube. If the whole tube won't come out the pump side.
1974 John Deere 510, Wood fired pizza oven,2005 Dodge/Cummins,Firearms for all occasions.

ZeroJunk

Go look up an 034 oil line on eBay. I know the line comes in and out the pump side and it looks like the filter is narrow enough to come out as well.  I haven't replaced but one and it has been long enough. I have trouble remembering what I did yesterday. But, I know it was not a big deal.

Local4Fitter

Quote from: ZeroJunk on January 14, 2014, 09:41:48 PM
Go look up an 034 oil line on eBay. I know the line comes in and out the pump side and it looks like the filter is narrow enough to come out as well.  I haven't replaced but one and it has been long enough. I have trouble remembering what I did yesterday. But, I know it was not a big deal.
Funny you say that. I was doing just that 5 minutes ago and it does look like the delivery tube will come out through the pump side. I read on line that they usually get destroyed when removing them, Thanks Doug

Local4Fitter

I have another pump issue that I just found and its baffling me. I filled the tank with kerosene and put the pump back together with the correct bolts and ran the saw. I had no flow through the tube so I took everything apart again and realized the plastic worm gear that drives the pump was stripped. I picked up another worm gear and carefully installed it and tried to turn it by hand but it was binding. I removed the worm gear and realized the pump gear would not turn when installed. I know that the pump gear would turn when I had it in my hand. I loosened the bolts and the gear turns, tighten them ever so slightly and it binds up. I don't see any cracks in the pump housing that would cause it to bind when tightened. When I say ever so slightly I'm talking about 5 inch pounds tight before the gear binds up. ???

ZeroJunk

Maybe somebody smarter than me will chime in, but I think there were adjustable and non adjustable pumps for this model and chances are the gear is different. I assumed from the start that yours is non adjustable.

Local4Fitter

I just ordered a new pump from e-bay. Hope it works. Frustrated. I have been laid off for a week and it's killing me that I can't cut the load of wood sitting next to the wood shed.

simonmeridew

I'm sure you know better, but some of the adjustable 034 don't have the icon on the case bottom that shows which way to turn the screw. It's counterintuitive: turn it to the right for more oil, turn to the left to turn it off(when you  need to split a deer carcass).
Otherwise ebay has what you need.
simonmeridew
Kubota L4400, Farmi 351

beenthere

Quote(when you  need to split a deer carcass).

Side note:
Why split a deer carcass?  and why with a chainsaw?  ??
Butchered a lot of deer and never could figure why some split them.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Local4Fitter

Quote from: beenthere on January 24, 2014, 12:18:54 AM
Quote(when you  need to split a deer carcass).

Side note:
Why split a deer carcass?  and why with a chainsaw?  ??
Butchered a lot of deer and never could figure why some split them.
Most guys run Wesson Oil in the saw. :D

Local4Fitter

Got a new oil pump and put it in the saw. Back in business. Still not sure why the other pump would seize up when I tightened the housing. Thanks for all the input guys.

Holmes

You now have your new saw and a spare saw?  Thats the way to go 8) 8)
Think like a farmer.

Local4Fitter

Now that I have the new saw I hope I don't need to use the spare. I ran them both today. I realize that these two saws are not considered equals but man that 365 can cut.

Red Good

Thanks for the Stihl link guys , that will help me sort out my oiling problem . Red
Stihl 211C saw
Massey 135 deisel tractor with a front loader
Can Am 800 max quad
2001 Chev S10 pick me up
Home made log arch

Thank You Sponsors!