iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Made a Little Find Today

Started by DanG, June 09, 2012, 11:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

Roxy,
  You almost scareded me I thought for a split second there that you had wrote "grits" and hungry in the same sentenced  :o   phew a close call  ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

bd354

Dan, you can also paint that stove with oven cleaner and seal it in a garbage bag for a day or two. If I remember correctly it'll get the old paint.

Vinegar (sp?) and water mixed 50/50 will eat the rust off of that kettle but ya gotta keep an eye on it cause it'll eat the good metal too. I try to check it every 3 or 4 hours. That's why I like electrolosis, it only gets the rust.

Roxie

DanG, you get started cooking that breakfast, and I'll bring the biscuits and honey! 
Say when

Slabs

Chunk an armload of lightered knots in that little darlin and torch em' off and turn tha paint into air pollution.
Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

DanG

:D :D :D

I thought about doing that but being a fair and balanced sort of guy, I bought a can of paint remover so I can pollute the soil and water too.  As an added bonus, I'm pretty sure that paint has lead in it. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Clam77

:D  Leaded paint.... might be the only thing to make those gr...  ughh.. make that corn stuff taste better...

I can't even spell the word out... and I was raised on corn..   :D
Andy

Stihl 009, 028, 038, 041, MS362
Mac 1-40, 3-25

thecfarm

And I thought I had grits phobia bad.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

DanG

Clam77's post has given me a clue to some of this phobia about grits.  I bet they've been making them from Iowa corn!  No wonder!! 8) 8) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Clam77

Andy

Stihl 009, 028, 038, 041, MS362
Mac 1-40, 3-25

Slabs

Quote from: DanG on June 16, 2012, 12:45:41 AM
They've been making them from Iowa corn!  No wonder!! 8) 8) 8)

I thought only Southern corn would convert into hominy and then grits.
Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

customsawyer

Nice little find. Let me know when you are going to fire up that breakfast and I will be there. There is something about the taste of food cooked on a wood stove that just tastes better. ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

slider

Hominy ,now thats got to be the most dreaded food there is.I challenge anyone on here to show me how to make hominy taste good.It just aint possible.   al the hominy hater 
al glenn

ely

hominy and pork with a little cajun seasoning, good stuff my friend, but i also eats grits too. ;D

Magicman

I get a craving for hominy a couple of times each year, but I have to eat it all because PatD does not like it.  I prefer yellow hominy.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!