iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Mess

Started by Peter Drouin, April 05, 2014, 06:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

So now that I have made a mess of my folders with pic all over the place from jobs and what I do here and there all mixed up I can't find anything. :D :D I need to have folders with pics in the right folder. How do I move my pics around to other folders and in new folders?
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

thecfarm

Go to your gallery,click onto your album,click onto a picture like you are about to post it,click onto Edit File Information,than there is Album,with a drop down menu,click onto where you want to put it,click onto Apply Changes. Try it on one first,but I think I am right. Might be an easier way. Seems like at work I would go around robin hood's barn to do something,but it worked. I like to have mine in some order,I have about 20 albums. Comes in handy when a member ask a questions. But I have used it at my house too. Someone will ask me what year it was and I have to come here and check my gallery to see what year it was.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

I've put all of my photos in the same album now for the last 7 years. I don't even try to sort anything. Who cares.  The gallery is only for holding photos to be used in posts, so if I need to use a photo again, I look for the post the photo was in, not in the gallery.  It really grinds my nerves when someone puts a bunch of photos in the gallery and then says "Go look at my gallery". That's not the way it works.   You upload a photo only to put in a post, then you forget about it, because once it is in a post, it must stay in the gallery for perpetuity.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Peter Drouin

Jeff , with my memory there's no way I would remember what post I put a pic in . And I'm not as pc savvy as you are. With the way you set the FF up it makes it easy for someone like me to use. Like the folder I have on wood lot I was going to put all the pic on my wood lots there, and that helps me find the pic about wood lots when I want to share them in a post. So please don't be angry with me. :)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

thecfarm

I'm with you Peter,I can't remember what post it was in either.At my past job I had to write down where I was going next. Sometimes I would have 4-5 people's name on it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

I don't remember either, but if the picture was used in a post, and I better know what the photo was about to begin with or I would not even know why I was looking for it. I then I should be able to pick a word or two to search with to find the post it is in. If It was my photo, then I know it was in my posts, so I can confine the search to only my posts, if I can remember within a year or so of when I made the post, I can then confine the search to that restraint as well. I can then use those techniques to usually find a photo posted by any member.   Its much easier for me to search the forum for one out of thousands and thousands of photos than to try and sift through the gallery. To me, it makes no difference if I have 3000 photos in one album, or 30 photos each in a 100 different albums. It would be just as difficult to find them.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.

Jeff

I didn't mean that I expect anyone else to do that, its just how I go about finding things in the vastness of the forum. I just have a knack for finding things in that manner, but my memory isn't any better than anyone elses. Probably worse. :)

pineywoods

Peter, I can tell you from experience, you do NOT want to go mucking around in your photo gallery. I got the same bright idea once and started trying to put pics in a different gallery. It made a real mess. I finally figured a way to put things back in order,(or maybe Jeff saw what I was doing and took pity on me). Like Jeff says, the photo gallery was designed to support pictures in posts, not as a general photo storage facility. Use it accordingly..
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Peter Drouin

I'm going to leave it the way it is and be a little better at where I put things ;)
A&P saw Mill LLC.