iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pizza Night

Started by Burlkraft, January 26, 2011, 09:31:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burlkraft

Last night was pizza night.

Before you start slingin' cracks about a plant based diet just read on  ;D

Here's the crust made from 1/2 wheat flour and 1/2 white seasoned with herbs and they are rolled in to the crust
Bake crust for 4 minutes @ 425°

Now to the real meat of the pizza. 1/2 lb. of sweet Italian sausage. 3/4 fried and drained. Then rinsed and dried. 3/4 fried insures that I won't eat most of it before it gets to the crust  :D :D

1/2 lb. of skim milk motz. Made in Wisconsin ...of course  :)

Some dried morels that I reconstituted with hot water.
I was surprised they came out nice. Almost like when they were picked.

A little onion and some thin tomato slices in the sauce. My sauce is just plain tomato sauce I made this year.

Here it is  8) I have one layer of cheese to put on top yet and in the oven it goes. 425° for 12-15 minutes  ;D

And the finished product. It was very good and about as healthy as pizza gets without being plastic!  :D :D

Why not just 1 pain free day?

Norm

Looks great Steve!

I have been using an Italian bread starter for my pizza dough. Little more work but the flavor is very good.

Burlkraft

That sounds good Norm.

This was pretty good even though I'm dough challenged  :D :D

Samuel

Dang, I am hungry now.  Looks awesome....

I also have the same knife set I think...   :D
Web: HugeDomains.com - StrategicHseSystems.com is for sale (Strategic Hse Systems)
LinkedIn http://ca.linkedin.com/in/samuelelkins
Software Solutions-
DATS | Digital Action Tracking System by ASM

Mooseherder

Mmmmmmmm........Pizza is good for me! :)

SwampDonkey

Steve, I've been making homemade crust for years. But, as you do, I cook my toppings first. About 20 odd years ago I made a pizza in college years and didn't pre cook the hamburgh I used. My buddy's wife (girl friend then) reminds me of the meat drippings running across the pizza.  :D :D :D :D

Looks good, your mushrooms are more high end then the plain old button mushrooms I can afford. You forgot the jalapenos though man and sweet red peppers, crushed hot reds. :D Love home made pizza dough, mine at least. ;) Got pizza hut beat.  8) 8)

MMM, nice raised crust pizza....

I usually use cheddar as I have it on hand all the time. Can't buy good aged cheddar unless  you want to pay $12+ a pound these days. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

Steve, that looks close enough to "plant based" to me.  UPS is too slow.  Why don't you just FAX me some  ???
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

isawlogs

That looks real appetizing if ya ask me, and if ya dont ask it still does   ;D  I know what kind of sausage my next pizza will have for topping  :) I have issues with onions , so I will hold off on them , but I have some chanterelles and bolets that should make for a tasty bite.  How long did you put the shrooms in hot water for ???

What did you bake/make for Jill ???
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Reddog

Quote from: isawlogs on January 26, 2011, 07:39:33 PM
  What did you bake/make for Jill ???

:D I was wondering the same thing  ;D

Mooseherder

We love making Pizza and buy the raw sourdough from the bakery.
Like SD we like cooking the toppings except for the hamburger before putting them on.
It adds some great flavor.
Just a pinch of sugar in the sauce takes the acidity outta the sauce allowing me to eat a couple extra pieces.  My daughter likes the pieces on the right side, cheese only.
Ever since our kids were young to this day when it's pizza night, I'll always say "peeetza, peetza is gooooooood Fer me! ;D

Burlkraft

We don't knead to talk about this  ;D  ;D

Some things are just not to be talked about!

Oh.......shrooms..... in 1/2 cup of hot water for 1/2 hour

SwampDonkey

Moose, I like a little sugar in the sauce to. ;D I also cook up a sausage to mix in the hamburg.  ;) mmm I also like cumin in my beef. I like onion, I probably eat 3 a week, just brought home a whole new sack full last week. :) I'm crazy about spices, but by the look of Steve's shelf there, I can't be all that much crazier. :D  I'll be well preserved like an Egyptian mummy. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sandhills

OK, all this and now I have to sit down to a Tombstone pizza?  I put it in the oven about 10 seconds before reading this post :-\

Mooseherder

Put some salt on it.  It's still better'n cardboard eh? 8)

WildDog

That looks great Steve, we have homemade pizza every fortnight, I hope to build a woodfired Italian style outdoor pizza oven this year.
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

Jeff

Looks like you may need to make some banana bread.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

Had pizza here today for lunch. Used half stone ground whole wheat in with unbleached white flour. Turned out good, on the light side. I usually just make it from unbleached white. The key is to raise the dough on the sheet before cooking. Needs to be a warm spot to raise the dough good. Them little bugs like to be warm when they work. ;)

Jeff

So how about the crust recipes in their entirety donk n burl?

That's catchy if you say it out loud.  DonkenBurl.  DonkenBurl. DonkenBurl.  ;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

jeffreythree

I have been making some pizza too.  Homemade italian deer sausage and black olives.  I made another with the rest of the dough, carmelized onions, and some more italian deer sausage.  The crust recipe is 3C flour, 1 Tbsp sugar, 1tsp salt, 1 Tbsp olive oil, and a packet of yeast dissolved in 1-1/4C of warm water and the sugar.  I just use a dough hook in our mixer, let it rise an hour somewhere warm, cut in half and roll out to fit pan.  It makes two pizzas or one doughy pizza.  Turns out a lot like Pizza Hut thin crust.
Trying to get out of DFW, the land of the $30,000 millionaires.  Look it up.

Tom

Whatza Italian Deer look like? :-\

Reddog

Quote from: Tom on January 28, 2011, 03:13:48 PM

Google is your friend.  ;)

:D

Raider Bill

Quote from: Reddog on January 28, 2011, 05:26:33 PM
Quote from: Tom on January 28, 2011, 03:13:48 PM

Google is your friend.  ;)

:D

I pictured them with a darker mustache and some gold around the neck.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Mooseherder

Peetza, did I mention how good Peetza is for meeeeeee! smiley_biggrin01 smiley_chef_hat smiley_thumbsup_grin smiley_thumbsup smiley_balloon_01 smiley_beertoast musteat_1 smiley_love smiley_blue_bounce smiley_bouncing_pinky smiley_bounce smiley_angel02_wings dangle_smiley smiley_hellow_im_here smiley_applause food1 smiley_nananana

Burlkraft

Mooseherder

Thank You Sponsors!