iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

mill pictures

Started by sjfarkas, June 05, 2011, 10:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sjfarkas

I looked at iron inventory and after a few pages saw no pictures.  Then I just saw the post for who has bandmills.  Can we just have a post of mill pictures?  Maybe one for band mills, one for circle and one for csm?  I don't have a mill so I can't post pics, but I love looking at them.  I hope you all agree with me on this one.

Sasha
Always try it twice, the first time could've been a fluke.

Bill Gaiche

paul case

my ez boardwalk model 40.

36'' x 16' honda 20 hp.
pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

r.man

Nice mill Bill and I see Paul has managed to flaunt his huge buildings again to those of us with building envy.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Chuck White

Here's my Wood-Mizer LT40HDG24.

Purchased in 2008 with 487 hours on it!

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Ianab

Chainsaw powered swingblade dealing to a small bluegum eucalyuptus out in the middle of nowhere.  ;)

Ian

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

thecfarm

I don't have a full view picture of my mill here. I have one at a show for you.

This is a Thomas. Made by a small machine shop in Brooks ME. Model 6020,20 hp Honda and  I can cut 20 foot logs.This is a all manual mill.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Norm

Here's one of mine.

An LT-30HDDE

tcsmpsi

These are pics taken yesterday, after the day's milling, into the stickering.

This is an all manual mill, accepting of a 20' log.  

And, here it is at its first set up, in about the same spot it is in today, cutting the timber taken to make room/materials for the millshed, house additions, etc.    :)

\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Magicman

This is the first picture ever taken with me on the sawmill and the picture that is on my business cards.

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Tom the Sawyer

Here is my 2007 Timberking B-20
07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

customsawyer

This is my LT70 walk along with 24' ext.

This is my LT70 with remote that I do the portable work with.

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

rbarshaw

Here is a pic of the first mill I built. CB400a motorcycle engine, Home Depot shelf legs for rails, It is dead now tho', I bent the frame.

This is my new mill, a work in progress, up/down, fwd/rev, engine start/stop all working on remote control. It's 24' long, 64hp Wisconsin engine.

Been doing so much with so little for so long I can now do anything with nothing, except help from y'all!
By the way rbarshaw is short for Robert Barshaw.
My Second Mill Is Shopbuilt 64HP,37" wheels, still a work in progress.

Ernie

Our Rimu twin saw mill

Multiple logs

When I was just learning

A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

cutterboy

Hi everybody. Here is a picture I took last week of my Norwood Lumbermate 2000. Those are red oak logs ready to be milled.

This is a picture I took last November of the Lumbermate 2000 loaded with an ash log. My mill is now 10 years old and still running great.

To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

DeepWoods

Here is me and my Norwood LM 2000. 

Norwood LM2000 with 23 HP Briggs and 21 foot track, Hand Built Logging Arch, Cooks Cat Claw Sharpener and Setter. 48" Xtreme Duty Logrite Cant Hook.

Slingshot

Here is my 1991 LT30G18 with less than 200 hours on it....

And here is my Norwood Lumbermate Mark 4 that I purchased this past winter. 2000 year model
   and had very little use. 20 HP Honda.....

_________________________-----
Charles   sling_shot

blaze83

here is our WM LT28 with an 8' 32" shagbark hickory log

here is the same log with my dad Knocking of some dirty bark

I'm always amazed that no matter how bad i screw up Jesus still loves me

kderby

These are great pictures.  Keep it coming!

Kderby

Quebecnewf

My mill (Enercraft now baker with 18 horse Kohler) and a nice birch log on the rig. 18 years of milling and still learning

Quebecnewf

Norm

Some great pictures guys!

If anyone needs some help getting a picture up of their mill just PM me. I'll work you through it or give you my email addy to send one to for me to post.

Papa1stuff

Here's my mill before I had the shed over it!!

1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

OlJarhead

Our little Woodmizer LT10 - we love it!
2016 LT40HD26 and Mahindra 5010 W/FEL WM Hundred Thousand BF Club Member

Amelia Farms

Woodmizer LT40, wish it was hydraulic.

tcsmpsi

Hey, Jarhead...what species ya'll have up that way what makes all that white sawdust?     ;)
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

ibbob

Father in law pulling the stick on his 74th Birthday.

Cat powered Corely.  Snow took out the roof over the winter
Bob

cutterboy

I love these pictures! Great thread!  It's so interesting to see the mills we all have.

I also noticed a few of us have Logrite cant hooks. I love mine.   Ralph
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

paul case

Quote from: ibbob on June 07, 2011, 05:58:59 PM
Father in law pulling the stick on his 74th Birthday.

Cat powered Corely.  Snow took out the roof over the winter
i hope he didnt leave his hand on the cant while pulling the ''stick''.

pc
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
pc

KBforester

Here is my logosol M5... Just for fun!

Trees are good.

customsawyer

What is all of that white stuff. We could sure use some now.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

nas

Here's some more :D ;D

and here's a better picture of my mill.... Indoors 8)

Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

Dave Shepard

LT40 Super with 24' BX. 47' white pine.

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Kevin

Dave Shepard

Now that's mobile milling! :)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

WDH

My LT15 with cherry log.

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

redbeard

My B-20 set up I do alot of night sawing under this cover.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Norm

Bandmill Bandit asked how to post some pictures and after my explanation he's probably more confused than ever.  :D

Nice mill and some nice logs BB.  :)

Anybody else need confusing.  ;D

Sprucegum

We need more circles here  ;)

Its a home made rebuilt modified watchamacallit.

WDH

I like Bale Bandit's sawdust handling system.  It is way more automated than mine  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

smwwoody

Our 3500.  I will get some pics of the LT 70 and the other stuff soon

Here is the Baker resaw and the new Cooks Edger going in

You can just see the Motor on the 70 above Larry's Fat head in this pic

Woody
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

Bandmill Bandit

Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

sgschwend

Mighty Mite Mark IV, making some beams.  Will take a pic of the new stationary mill.

Here is the stationary I built using a Brand X sawhead, with a few of my own modifications.

Steve Gschwend

sjgschwend@gmail.com

Peder McElroy

My Belsaw M-14 and My Lucas 618

Ernie

Love the shed.  Is that redwood?
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Weekend_Sawyer

My Lumbermate 2000, Brother Chris, LX885 Skidsteer and sawmill kitty  ;D

Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Peder McElroy

Yes the mill shed is all redwood.It's from a large redwood that I took down last fall.

smwwoody

This is our old 70 that needs replaced soon

Just a shot looking in the end of the mill building

Woody
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

smwwoody

more to come tomorrow
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

OlJarhead

Quote from: tcsmpsi on June 07, 2011, 03:42:33 PM
Hey, Jarhead...what species ya'll have up that way what makes all that white sawdust?     ;)

Ponderosa Pine :)

OlJarhead

Quote from: OlJarhead on June 09, 2011, 11:41:30 PM
Quote from: tcsmpsi on June 07, 2011, 03:42:33 PM

Ponderosa Pine :)

LOL I answered and then went back and looked and realized you meant the snow!!!

Coon

:D  But that pine sawdust is pretty white too you know.  ;) 
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Magicman

Mississippi snow   :o

The old gal didn't know what to do so she did nothing.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

paul case

its hot here and those pictures still give me that sick feeling that i had last winter when i had to tromp through crotch deep drifts to get my chores done.
i will sweat to death but no more snow please.
i dont know how but i think hell will also have snow. ;D  pc
pc

Sprucegum

i will sweat to death but no more snow please.
i dont know how but i think hell will also have snow. ;D  pc

And I have been hoping it will freeze over before I get there  :D

Peter Drouin

lt40 super and WM edger
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

WDH

Awesome saw shed!  That edger makes me green with envy, too  :).

smwwoody

Here is a shot of our old LT300 that was replaced by the new AWMV WM3500

you can also see the old timber king in the back ground that was replaced by the LT70
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

Buck

MORE pics of the shed Peter!
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

shelbycharger400

picture dosn't show the jackshaft,  just got it finished by a buddy yesterday.     Home made slab mill/  will be using it for reclaim on short pieces ect too.    as i have a ton ( well several)  of red elm, oak, and boxelder in the 16 in to 6 ft range.

WildDog

After seeing the great sheds  you guys have I think its about time the Lucas got treated with a little respect and I moved her under cover.
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

WDH

smwwoody

Just some random shots from around the mill yard

This is how we unload logs

A load of pallet cants ready to ship

A load of ties going on the truck

Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

sjfarkas

Just as I thought that there were no more pictures to look at.  I love em, keep em coming.
Always try it twice, the first time could've been a fluke.

captain_crunch

here are a couple of my belsaw

M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

Magicman

And I like the saw shed too.    ;)

smwwoody

CC
Looks good.  I have a soft spot for those old bell saws and the old fricks.  I learnsd on an old frick and then started sawing on the Bell saw every weekend.  but that was 29 years ago.

Woody
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

captain_crunch

Thanks Guys
Mill sets where I always wanted house to be but with 20,000 fer power alone I built my 1/2 mill and 1/2 cabin 8) 8) 8) I enjoy the belsaw but always wonder about a band mill :P :P
Brian
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

bandmiller2

I think probibly half the sawyers in this country started and learned the trade on a Belsaw.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Thank You Sponsors!