iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawing with Drones (video)

Started by 123maxbars, March 25, 2017, 09:25:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

123maxbars

I had a friend come out yesterday and bring his drone with him to film some footage of the sawmill. I made a short video also showing the days work. Please look over the saw speed on the oak timber.  I had three cameras and a drone over head. Had trouble keeping my mind right as cool hand Luke would say,  on the task at hand  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tRieHjQTxU
Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

Jeff

Outstanding! :)   I liked both hats equally. ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

richhiway

Woodmizer LT 40
New Holland 35 hp tractor
Stihl Chainsaws
Ford 340 Backhoe

123maxbars

Quote from: Jeff on March 25, 2017, 12:54:51 PM
Outstanding! :)   I liked both hats equally. ;)

Thanks Jeff, any chance you still have those for sale? Mine is showing its age!
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

123maxbars

outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

Jeff

Hats are now handled by Kitty. There is a sticky topic on the general board. There are some different styles to choose from now.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WDH

Nathan,

What are you going to do with the white oak lumber?
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

123maxbars

Quote from: WDH on March 25, 2017, 08:10:42 PM
Nathan,

What are you going to do with the white oak lumber?

Those logs belonged to the land owner, he will use them for a barn addition he is working on for weddings etc. Around here seems everyone is making their barn into a wedding chapel for more $.

He has around 50mbf feet of white oak on his property that is mine for the taking as long as I supply him some for his farm needs also.  My plan is quarter saw the best logs and saw the low grade timber for his needs.  I cut the trees and he moves the timber with his tractors to the mill. Its a great agreement that will net me more than my fair share of quarter sawn oak.  There are also some huge ERC trees that he gave me for my work just to clean them up out of his hay fields. The first log I sawed out of them yielded 18in wide 8/4 slabs. ERC slabs are selling good in my neck of the woods.  Walnut though is still my weak spot  ;D, cant get enough!
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

WDH

Ain't that the truth (old saying).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!