iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

homemade log loader

Started by Ed_K, September 25, 2003, 08:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed_K

Finally got a pict of my front loader grapple that I built. It is strong enough to pick up this 20' x 12" hemlock.

Heres a close up of the grapple, I hope.

Ed K
Ed K

BW_Williams

Very cool Ed, where did you get the grapple?  How much?  Does it have power rotate?  BWW
Support your local Volunteer Fire Dept.  (not by accident)
Support your local Ski Patrol (by snowboarding:)
Mayor of Millerdale, Washington, USA (by God)!

Ed_K

BBW, I got the grapple from Valby Sales in NY. It's the small one, opens to 35" it was $895. w/o the rotor. With it, it is $1195.
 I had a friend who has a machine shop, make a pin setup that turns with two sets of holes at 90 degs, so I can pin it to pick up logs straight out for loading from the back of my truck, or sideways, to load a 4/wheel wagon or the bunks at the mill.
Ed K
Ed K

Rob

Hey Ed,

Nice setup looks like it works pretty good..I sometimes wish I had something like that..One of these days maybe I'll break down an buy a used log truck  ::) one of these days..

Rob

redpowerd

is it hangin off the end of a pallet fork?
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

Ed_K

Redpower, yes I used a 3" angle iron and welded a piece of channel to the bottom to slide the plate over the fork on the inside, to keep it from falling or sliding off. The out side is held by the flatstock from the grapple and pined with a 3/4 drawbar pin, so it can swing. I also ran a 3/8 logchain from the pin to the base of the forks to keep it on when tipping the forks down.
 Ed K
Ed K

Thank You Sponsors!