iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

hard starting husky 350

Started by 22chief-1, January 09, 2010, 02:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

22chief-1

any one else have a hard time starting there husky 350 when she is cold, I pull and pull  just isnt any fun.   I will tell you  once she gets going she runs great and starts great when warm but cold she is hard to start. any suggestions

beenthere

Use ethanol-free gas, and keep the saw warm (not being a smart-A.., but don't store it in the cold, and start it often enough to keep it somewhat warm).
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Holshot14

Lol, I just got one off eBay, pulled out of boxed, fueled up (93 with husqvarna xp mix), primed, decomped, and it fired on second pull. That's after it sat in garage all night ( 21 degrees). Check ur fuel and give it a quick overhaul..

chevytaHOE5674

I have one and it is the most cold blooded saw I have. I set it on the floor of the truck next to the heater, or near the engine of a running piece of equipment to pre-warm it up. That's about the only way it will start in the cold.

Kevin

Sounds like a fuel issue.
If you pull it with the choke on the plug should be wet after three or four pulls.

chevytaHOE5674

I've tried everything with mine. Rebuilt the carb, new impluse hose, new fuel hose and filter, checked compression, and checked for vacuum leaks, and it is all within spec. I've just come to the conclusion that it is always going to be a cold blooded saw.

Tom

22chief-1

Push starting dont work it is a automatic

ladylake

Make sure the choke is closing completly first, if it is try turning the low circut adjuster out 1/4 of a turn or so. That should slow your engine down a little , you might have to turn the idle speed screw in a little to get the RPM's back.  Steve

Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Thank You Sponsors!