iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Loader truck

Started by MICKEY108, June 27, 2015, 01:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MICKEY108

I'm putting a loader on my trk is it better behind the cab or on the back thanks

Autocar

I have mine on the rear that way I can load the truck and a pup trailer. And besides that by backing into a wet area it gives me a little better reach then behind the cab.
Bill

plasticweld

Mine is behind the cab, I would not have it any other way.  I haul a lot of firewood and we bring logs to our mill in 26.5 foot lengths, if the loader where mounted on the rear I could not get a decent size load of firewood on and not be able to haul the logs the way I wanted to.  I have also found that it is tough enough to turn just the truck around on most jobs let alone a truck and a pup.  I am sure there are times on long hauls when it would really pay. I would be more concerned about distance for your average haul when making the choice. 

I will agree with Autocar about getting around empty the rear mount is far better there.

Maine logger88

It depends what you are doing with it if it is just a loader in the yard for sorting and loading trucks then rear mount would be preferred it gives you better reach in certain situations. If using the truck to haul in my area most mount behind the cab for better flexibility on what they haul. If using a pup then rear mount is the only way that makes sense but I've only seen a few of those in Maine
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

timberlinetree

The trucker that comes with the nice truck with behind the cab loader has me set piles up so he doesn't have to swing logs over the cab.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Thank You Sponsors!