iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Happy forum visitor

Started by Darrel, October 31, 2016, 10:41:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darrel

I was at my property last June and a pickup comes into my yard and a white haired man gets out and says, "I was told that you have a sawmill."

"I do." I said pointing to my LT40.

He got a very disappointed look on his face and mumbles something about it being a band mill and and says, "Oh well I'll ask you anyway."  And he proceeds to ask me what I know about hammering blades for circle mills.

So I told him everything I knew.  I used to work in a big mill that had a 72" bottom saw and a 48" top saw.  We cut Redwood.  I told him that when the saws wouldn't run straight that they would take them off and pound on them and then the saws would cut straight again.  And that was everything I knew. 

But then I told him about Forestry Forum and that he should search the forum and see if he could get his questions answered. 

Well, I saw him the other day and asked him how his mill was running and he smiled and said "Great."
He also said that he learned what to do here on the forum.  He also said that he didn't join but that he very well might someday.
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Roxie

Say when

thecfarm

Another sawyer the FF helped out. I hope he joins. Some think they have nothing to offer.  ::)  They soon find out they do.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!