iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lifting the Head

Started by Happycamper, February 23, 2013, 07:12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waho

Nobody is belittling WM, the problem is with having to buy more parts to fix something that should not need to be fixed. This is like buying a new car and then finding out that you have to buy a new engine because the one that came in it does not run properly.
My LT 10 is by now 6mo old, I have two problems with it, lifting and lowering the head and walking. The walking problem seems to have been fixed at one time by cables which kept the head steady, unfortunately those cables have been deleted. The raising and lowering seems to be a new problem which arose in the last year or so. Something has changed in the way these machines are now being built. Now it could be that I made a mistake by not disassembling the head and reassemble it, since it came assembled and I assumed everything was good to go. When I get back to where the saw is I will check everything to make sure it is the way it should be.

tyb525

It's a shame that you (and others) have these problems with the newer mills. That isn't right and I hope WM does everything they can to make it right.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

beenthere

waho
My apologies if I was also too harsh.

but
QuoteThis is like buying a new car and then finding out that you have to buy a new engine because the one that came in it does not run properly.
I would liken it to buying a new car and then saying the mechanical seat adjustment is too much work, and wanting to have the electric seat adjustment added. It is an extra convenience that is being discussed. IMO

It is an option that comes with the higher priced models.
Now I will bow out.  :-X
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

rimshot

Quote from: tyb525 on March 18, 2013, 10:06:48 PM
It's a shame that you (and others) have these problems with the newer mills. That isn't right and I hope WM does everything they can to make it right. I wonder if these problems started when they switched to the aluminum bed.

=============
Hi TYB535

Those rails are actually zinc coated steel but they do look like aluminum.''rimshot
LT 10 with a 10 h.p. and a converted boat trailer to provide mobility for a once permanent mill.

tyb525

My bad (again) I could've sworn I read they were aluminum to save weight.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Thank You Sponsors!