iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Had a visitor

Started by Peter Drouin, May 17, 2016, 10:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Put that bear a bowl of Windshield Grits out in the yard.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

fishfighter

Quote from: thecfarm on May 23, 2016, 05:35:48 AM
Nice owl picture. Looks like it's on a shepherd's hook? Probably close to the house.
I don't hear or see many owls. Last one I saw must of been 20 years ago. I was showing Brenda the property lines and one kept landing and flying in front of us.

I have a nesting pair in a big Red Oak tree in front of my house. I have a street light in the backyard and I see them hunting at night under the light. I will try to get some pictures.

Peter Drouin

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on June 01, 2016, 10:50:40 PM
Put that bear a bowl of Windshield Grits out in the yard.  :D

He likes sunflower seeds with honey on them. ;D

Quote from: fishfighter on June 02, 2016, 05:53:55 AM

I have a nesting pair. I will try to get some pictures.

I would like to see them.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Peter Drouin

I had to save the bear from my siamese cat.  :D :D :D

I'm yelling at the cat to let BoBo be, In the last pic the cat was coming, but turned and ran right up to the bear. I'm thinking the bear will get the cat :D :D I had to walk up to pick up the cat to get the thing away from the bear. I got within 3' of the bear and he did not move. :o
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.

thecfarm

The bear is back. Well I knew it was. More than a month ago it took down the suet feeder. I brought them inside each night for a few weeks. All was well. Saw someone that lives about a mile away and the bear was there too. Last night the dog got me up just a barking. I turned the outside light on and saw a shadow under the feeder. The shadow never moved.With no glasses on I could not tell what it was. Only being awake for about 30 seconds,was not thinking, I thought,did I leave the tractor out? So I opened the door and the shadow moved and took off. :D  I decided I better bring the feeders inside,so if the shadow comes back,it won't wreck the feeders. I head back to the bedroom to get my glasses,need to see something when I go out. ;D I tell Brenda about the shadow and go back outside. I open the door and never looked at all. The shadow was back!!! It took off again. I brought the feeders inside and went back to sleep.
I am back to bringing the feeders back inside for a couple weeks.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

And that's all it takes to have the shadow go away cfarm,  ;) good job. 8)

A&P saw Mill LLC.

Andries

That bruin has that tough guy grin on him.
Probably thinking: ' Yup, got that feeder full of honey and seed - AGAIN!'
And, he looks a lot smarter than Yogi.  ;)
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.

Chuck White

Had one visit here a couple of weeks ago, ripped the bird-feeder box right off the side of the house!   :rifle:

So far, it hasn't been back, had a game cam out there for a week after the fact!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Peter Drouin

Quote from: Chuck White on June 10, 2017, 08:00:43 AM
Had one visit here a couple of weeks ago, ripped the bird-feeder box right off the side of the house!   

What did you think Yogi would do with food on the side of your house. :D :D ;)
Maybe an old one with dementia and can't find your house again, Is why he not back.
:D :D ;) just kidding.
No food, no bears.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Chuck White

I knew it was a bear, because the brackets the feeder was on was pretty solid and the screws were ripped right out of the side of the house.

The feeder was/is about 6 feet above the ground and there's no way coons could get to it!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

The bear is back. This time when Pumpkin started parking at 2 am,I put my glasses on. Could not see what was wrong,everything was intact. I looked out this morning and the suet feeder is on the ground. It was the one it wrecked the last time,so I can just wire it back up. Back to bringing the feeders in for a few weeks.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Savannahdan

thecfarm, are you the guy who ran faster than a couple of bears?  Saw something in the news about some guy doing his run and he outran 2 bears.
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

4x4American

I had a visitor the other day too, Charles the Timber Rattler

Boy, back in my day..

Chuck White

Glad we don't have them up here, at least I've never seen one!

We have several nonvenomous species of snakes here, and that's enough!

4x4American

This was the 4th or 5th rattler I've seen by the sawmill in the past 2 years.  Charles is just a small guy with a big heart lol
Boy, back in my day..

red

Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

WDH

Not really.  Very musky, you smell it when you bring it up to your mouth on the fork.  Smells almost as bad as goat.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

red

Then alligator tastes like Chicken
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

coxy

Quote from: 4x4American on July 09, 2017, 07:52:44 PM
This was the 4th or 5th rattler I've seen by the sawmill in the past 2 years.  Charles is just a small guy with a big heart lol
if you have snakes up there count me out for a visit  :)

thecfarm

I'm no runner,but I might turn into one if I was scared enough.
We also have a small platform feeder,which I did not notice,is bent at a sharp angle,should be flat.That is kinda a problem,because that one is bolted to a post,kinda hard to remove at night. But I might have to put it on a pipe so I can bring it in at night.

coxy

4x4American

Quote from: coxy on July 09, 2017, 08:51:59 PM
Quote from: 4x4American on July 09, 2017, 07:52:44 PM
This was the 4th or 5th rattler I've seen by the sawmill in the past 2 years.  Charles is just a small guy with a big heart :D
if you have snakes up there count me out for a visit  :)

C'mon I thought you was a big bad logger!!   ;D

Here's a black rat snake that hung around the mill for days kept popping up out of nowhere.  I coaxed him into the main rail of the sawmill to help get rid of mice.

Rattler

Another Rattler

Boy, back in my day..

coxy

I am a big bad logger but when it comes to snakes  I'm worse than a little school girl  :laugh: and proud of it   :D :D I have never seen a rattle snake in the woods and don't want to   i have worked in areas where they could be and told the lo if I see one ill be back when its 20 below  :)

Thank You Sponsors!