iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

FF Mighty Mite mill owners convention in Alaska

Started by ozarkgem, August 28, 2017, 05:27:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozarkgem

100Percent of FF Mighty Mite owners showed up. Both of us! I drove to Ak and stopped by and saw Alaska Les. He and and his wife were wonderful host. He has a really nice layout and lots of REALLY nice spruce to saw. Some HUGE Cottonwood and Birch also. He was catching Salmon and got a Spruce Grouse as we were riding around in his UTV.
His mill is a nice mill and will cut 26' long(I think) Diesel powered. Very nice layout 

Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

thecfarm

It's always nice to meet FF members.
by the way,who is who?
That looks like a big dog there too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ozarkgem

Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

drobertson

Looking good there Jim!  You guys laughing it up! nice!
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

Looking good Jim.  Are you still on the road?   move_it 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ozarkgem

Quote from: Magicman on August 28, 2017, 07:49:20 AM
Looking good Jim.  Are you still on the road?   move_it
Just  got back. What a drive. I will do it again next year but with a RV this time. I would like to spend more time in Canada. You drove this didn't you MM?

Magicman

Yes, in a 26' Class C motorhome in 1997.  The total trip was a bit over 13K miles.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Weekend_Sawyer

Is a Mighty Mite one of those jeep looking utv's?
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

dgdrls

I've been to the factory and really want to join the club!!

D

ozarkgem

Quote from: Weekend_Sawyer on August 28, 2017, 08:28:45 PM
Is a Mighty Mite one of those jeep looking utv's?
Its a bandmill. Seems like there was a jeep looking thing called a mighty mite back in the 70's

ozarkgem

Quote from: dgdrls on August 28, 2017, 08:31:16 PM
I've been to the factory and really want to join the club!!
Les's was a factory hydraulic and very well built. Mine is the smaller model. Its all hydraulic now. Turning logs and clamping by hand didn't last long.

D

Tramp Bushler

Hello all;
So if I own a Mighty Mite Band sawmill, can I join the group ?
Mine is a Generation ll. Built in 85.
Just brought it home last week.
Ordered a manual for it today.
The folks at Mighty Mite have been super helpful . Especially considering I didn't buy this mill new from them.
I will be sawing to build our home in Delta Junction , Alaska. We currently live in Glennallen .
I'm having some troubles uploading pics of my mill to this site so far. Ill keep working on it.
If your not wearing your hard hat when you need it. Well.

Thank You Sponsors!