iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Northeastern Forest Products Equipment Expo 2007

Started by Lakeman, May 05, 2007, 08:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lakeman

Hello all from a new member,
I went to this show today for the sole purpose of bandsaw mill demonstrations. Several of this forum's sponsors were well represented but what caught my eye was the Thomas bandsaw company. Are there any members here who either own or are familiar with Thomas? It would be great to hear some feedback about this family owned company.

thecfarm

Welcome to the forum Lakeman.I have a Thomas and really like it.What could go wrong on it?Except for the motor.One of the few things I have bought and it does what they said it will do AND I did not have to motify to make it work better.The dog system on mine is quick and easy and I like the moveable bunks.I got the big one,20hp Honda and the no-flex track and the 24 foot track.Had it for 4 years now.I don't know which model you are looking at.They do have some cheaper ones that I don't really like the looks of.But they have to compete in price.Just remember with one of these mills,If you don't do it,it don't get done.These manual mills are ALOT of work and they are SLOW.But mine will cut just as good and bad at times as the $30000 ones.Just alot slower and alot more work and time.Here it is,old and faded.

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!