iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Interested in the field

Started by Kahuna77, August 17, 2013, 12:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

You have made a good point CRTREEDUDE.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Kahuna77

Thanks for all the great feedback and advice.. of course there is a great variety of opinions and suggestions.. pretty much for every member.. but lots of valid points and wise advice..  guess I picked the wrong dream to follow.. I'll have to consult my pillow again I suppose..  ???
Thanks to all who took the time to respond.. I sincerely appreciate it.. :)

Seaman

I would suggest you spend a day with folks on the forum who own different types of mills, I am always amazed at what you can pick up in one days work. Nothing like hands on time!
I am sure all on here who are close to you would be glad to help, or you could come down south to see the leaves change. ;)
Frank
Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

Tee

Hi Andrew,
      Welcome from another fairly new member. I got a lt40hd around the first of the year and have enjoyed it what little I have used it. Haven't had a lot of interest in it since it's gotten into the heat of the summer. One thing I have seen suggested frequently is ample shelter for whatever you may end-up with to cover. Lumber, mill etc. I also do land clearing on the side and am working on a job now that has several long leaf pines that I am keeping to the side to play with. I will say, even though I don't use my mill often, I look forward to it when I get to that point and I'm glad I have the hydraulics to do a lot of the work vs having gotten a manual mill.

Good luck,
               Tee

Thank You Sponsors!