iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

An easy quiz if you're bored.

Started by Tom, July 11, 2003, 09:41:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

(Passing requires 4 correct answers)

1) How long did the Hundred Years War last?
2) Which country makes Panama hats?
3) From which animal do we get catgut?
4) In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution?
5) What is a camel's hair brush made of?
6) The Canary Islands in the Pacific are named after what animal?
7) What was King George VI's first name?
8} What color is a purple finch?
9) Where are Chinese gooseberries from?
10) What is the color of the black box in a commercial airplane?

All done? Answers in the knowledge base.

inspectorwoody

Hey ya Tom.....Trying to keep me busy  :D

biziedizie

Woody why ya so bored??? Isn't there anything that you could be doing???
  You said in another post that there's not much to do in Iowa. What do you mean by that??? Is it just flat land and farms there??? I've never been there so ya gotta explain what happens around your town.

Steve

OneWithWood

If crimson equals red and gray, I passed 8)

Now if I could just find some useful knowledge somewhere in this brain . . .  ::)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

DanG

Those are some pretty tough questions, Tom. ::)   I was afraid to grade myself for fear of flunkage.
I will speculate, however, that a camel would make his hair brush from cactus spines. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Mark M

Well I know that purple finches are red
and I think cat guts come from horses
and I think the revolution is celebrated in November
and camel hair might come from badgers
and I'll bet the black box is blaze orange

but I don't know the others so I guess I'll have to look.

Mark

Larry

Darn you Mark.  You figured out all the easy ones and now I have to work on the tough questions. ;D
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

inspectorwoody

Well around this small town...about 7000...its amish, farmland, lots of pigs, and lots of criminals and the nasty ol' drug Meth.

We have some larger cities around us but I am not one that is into the mall scene or movies etc. Don't like the bigger cities..I tend to run away to the amish and chit chat with them or take a trip to a local county park.

After spending three weeks in Alaska and having the chance to see how beautifal the glaciers are, and the whales, and spending four days hiking on the Chilkoot Trail (Old Gold Rush Trail), Iowa tends to be really dull  :D

For a young guy like myself, Iowa doesn't have much to do to accomadate my age group. About the only thing they do have for that are the clubs etc. which by no means do I want to be a part of.

Mark M

Well dat's all fine and dandy Woody but how many of dem questions did you get right?

Mark

Thank You Sponsors!