iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tractor size

Started by wbrent, November 19, 2018, 10:00:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maple flats

wbrent, you don't show where you are from. That would help. For example, in New York State and maybe others there is a ROPS program where a grant is issued to pay for much of the cost of retro-fitting an older tractor with a ROPS. In the program it must be done by a professional, you can not install one yourself.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

wbrent

Thanks so much folks for all your replies and suggestions. I ended up pulling the trigger on an 1984  International 484. RAted for 50hp I think. Its a bit of a fixer upper - not much though. Along with an old winch that I will take the time to overhaul. 
I have no intention of carrying large heavy loads with this. MAinly to just drag a log from the woods to my mill. I think this is going to be perfect for my purposes. Came with a set of good chains too. When I get something loaded for the first time I'll see if I can manage some pictures. Thanks folks.  

Thank You Sponsors!