iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Advice for online Certificate, Program, Bsc for Forestry

Started by vinhils, March 22, 2011, 05:29:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vinhils

I am looking to become more familiar with the industry as I am somewhat new to it. Currently, I act as a bridge for International Buyers interested in North American Logs. My current duties include ongoing communications, quality control, negotiations, etc. The experience and research to date has been quite valuable, however I am now looking to pair it with an online educational experience. Ideally if there is anything offered that focuses on the business side of things, as well as the technical.

Any advice/experiences would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

If you find something, check it's accreditation. If it's not accredited by the CIF or equivalent in the USA, then the degree won't be looked upon with much favor. ;)

There are many students doing online degrees that have found out the hard way that they don't hold up with the accreditation bodies.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ron Scott

Yes, be sure that it is an accredited source by SAF or CIF.
~Ron

Thank You Sponsors!