iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

First aid

Started by Woodboogah, May 19, 2013, 10:00:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodboogah

I was curious what if any first aid people carry either on them when cutting or in their machine or pick up.  Personally I carry two quick clots one in my chaps with 3 rolls of gauze and one in the pick up with more gauze.  Childrens liquid benedryl incase of a lot of bee stings.   
Keenan Logging & Tree Care, LLC

justallan1

I carry a $20 generic first aid kit with extra tape and super glue, plus water and protein bars in my truck.
I get busy and forget to eat, so the protein bars are a must.

Allan

jocco

I try to carry FA kit and fire ext in truck, so its on the job site. ;D Far as me being any help to injured party they would have better chances with the undertaker!!! :o :o
You may check out but you will never leave

Mark K

I carry a OSHA approved first aid kit and fire ext. on the skidder. I am required to carry them to keep my workmens comp people happy.
Husky 372's-385's,576, 2100
Treefarmer C7D
Franklin 405
Belsaw m-14 sawmill

240b

I carry an IFAK.  Which is just an army blow out kit. You just reallly need something to plug the leak till you can get real help.

beenthere

I used to carry a women's sanitary napkin in the hard hat above the suspension per suggestion of logger trainers. Mostly for stopping blood if injured away from the vehicle or tractor. Don't anymore, but should be some prepared as I work alone in the woods.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Ed_K

Large FAK in the truck,smaller one in the lunch box.Fire ext on all equip +truck.Also remember to have vital info in the kits + in your helmet.If you have employee's have them know the direction's to the closest hosp.or emerg.care facility,this is a good tailgate conversation at safety meeting.
Ed K

clww

In my truck carry a big FA kit I got in the military, plus extra stuff in a box. Stuff like ace wraps, two instant cold packs, an air horn, whistle, etc.
One thing I just thought of adding was to print on your chaps with permanent marker your blood type.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

arbo71

Big FA kit in every vehicle and a very small one in the left cargo pocket in my safety pants.

cutter88

could someone tell me what a clott kit is?
Romans 10 vs 9 
650G lgp Deere , 640D deere, 644B deere loader, 247B cat, 4290 spit fire , home made fire wood processor, 2008 dodge diesel  and a bunch of huskys and jonsereds (IN MEMORY OF BARRY ROGERSON)

Ianab

I'm guessing it's like an emergency pressure bandage designed to go over a badly bleeding wound, so the blood clots and slows the bleeding? Handy thing to have in case of a chainsaw injury.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

beenthere

Quote from: cutter88 on May 19, 2013, 06:09:34 PM
could someone tell me what a clott kit is?
Likely a euphamism for "clot" for marketing ....
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

John_Haylow

I carry one in the truck, bike and snowmobile.
John
2004 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG28

Thank You Sponsors!